Old 08-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #1

Talking New to FROG

Hi All! Thanks for adding us to the site! Hope to learn & share with everyone. Just came back from a 3month trip from NE Tennessee to out west as far as the Grand Canyon and down south as far as San Antonio. Had a blast and can't wait to do the top half next week. Only a minor glitch in San Antonio with a break-in where they cleaned our clock within a couple hours. But we were safe and they didn't get our truck thank God. Now to find out the best contact for customer service to get some issues we have with our 2013 40' Palomino Columbus we should be in better shape! Happy Camping!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your break in but glad no one was hurt during it, well unless it would be the thieves getting hurt. Then that would be ok

Old 08-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #3

Welcome to the Forums NitWitt100! So sorry to hear about the break in - that is sorta rare...what CG were you staying in and post up the circumstances so other folks can learn from this unfortunate situation.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 ē 2014 - 42 ē 2015 - 56 ē Jul 2016 - Fulltime ē
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #4

Clarification on the Breakin

Hey HSVBamaBob, I should have been clearer in my post, it wasn't actually in the campground, but in San Antonio in Sea World. We had taken our truck to SeaWorld and they broke into it and in there was hidden my wife's purse purse with her phone with my wallet, but the police said the Cartel has taken over San Antonio and that they have spotters sit at tourist attractions such as that and watch for out of state tags and a women getting out of the vehicle without her purse. That becomes their target. They said they are in and out within 1 minute and the repercussions if caught and found guilty is just 90 days and they are out doing it again. There are no security cameras in the SeaWorld parking lot that you have to pay $17 to park in. The campground where we were staying said that we were lucky to return with a truck as they have had others coming back in the past that were camping there where their truck had been stolen as well. So no, thank God no one got hurt, and we still had our truck. Liberty Mutual was quick to respond I must say.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitwitt100 View Post
Hey HSVBamaBob, I should have been clearer in my post, it wasn't actually in the campground, but in San Antonio in Sea World. We had taken our truck to SeaWorld and they broke into it and in there was hidden my wife's purse purse with her phone with my wallet, but the police said the Cartel has taken over San Antonio and that they have spotters sit at tourist attractions such as that and watch for out of state tags and a women getting out of the vehicle without her purse. That becomes their target. They said they are in and out within 1 minute and the repercussions if caught and found guilty is just 90 days and they are out doing it again. There are no security cameras in the SeaWorld parking lot that you have to pay $17 to park in. The campground where we were staying said that we were lucky to return with a truck as they have had others coming back in the past that were camping there where their truck had been stolen as well. So no, thank God no one got hurt, and we still had our truck. Liberty Mutual was quick to respond I must say.
Thanks for sharing this with us especially the part about ladies leaving without their purses. I don't leave my purse behind but this is a common practice with others.

Glad that things worked out in the end for you.

Happy camping!

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog