Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #1

New to me 2005 sv 264 surveyor

Hello everyone, After a lot of tire kicking and searching, i found a used forest river surveyor sv 264 in mass. and drove 2100 miles to pick it up. I had a rv dealer go through it completely and pronounce it "GOOD TO GO" and worth the cost. So, i hope to meet everyone of you somewhere and share a cold one. I have been reading this forum for approx. 15 months and really like it. So, our names are JEFF and MARILEE CAREY . WE live in south texas and hope to see everyone of you on the campground somewhere. HAPPY CAMPING !!
Jeff Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I hope you like your Surveyor. The 264 is a very nice layout. We love our Surveyor. Best of luck and have a great time.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. I am green with envy. Could you corroborate a little on your quest? How did you go about finding your trailer? How did you find a dealer? Did the dealer travel to the seller and check out the trailer? Or did the seller take it in to the dealer? In other words, I you could, please share your experience.

JK
Jan-Kees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #5

new to me 2005 sv264 surveyor

thanks jan-kees, I saw this trailer in a search from craigslist, and i contacted the owner . He was un-employed for a year and behind several payments. Over about a month, we discussed the previous and what the current owner had done with it. After that, i called around mass. talking to rv dealers who could inspect it . I told the rv repair guy that if everything checked out, i would be interested. Talked with the bank to find out the payoff and away i went last sunday. Arrived tuesday afternoon, paid off the bank, got title, release of lein, bill of sale and back to texas on thursday morning. Drove 4300 miles and have been working on cleaning it up, polish and waxing and etc. Everybody thinks im nuts for going up there, but i have had 1- sv260 and 2- sv 264 slip through my hands. The trailer is very nice and seem to have been used very little. My wife and i are very happy with it. We are thinking of visiting family in missouri and kansas, or just take off for new mexico and colorado. Take care and see you at the campground !! jeff
Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #6

Sound like a real road trip great. I can understand why you would want to travel to get the trailer of your choice. Look at me. I am 6.000 miles away and still looking to get a Surveyor. Bringing it home isn't even the end of it for me. I have to get it road legal here.

Do you have any tips where it comes to finding and looking at trailers? Are there any specific things you need to look for or have looked at? Like rust, water damage, etc?

Have fun with your trailer.

JK
Jan-Kees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #7

Jan, I wanted and bought a surveyor because of the alumniun framing with foam insulation. They have a roof structure you can walk on. My wife and i went to Houston Texas and looked at all sorts of new trailers. What we learned was most trailer companies cut their weight in the roof structure and side framing. We want to go to Alaska next year and we felt the surveyor was best for us. The other trailers have more frills, but ours is stronger. Where are you that your 6000 miles away ? Do you know what model and price range you want ? I would not buy a trailer that a independent rv service guy hasnt performed a full inspection. He 's not the seller , so i feel he will do a better job. Let me know if i can help you ! Good Luck Jeff