Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Red face New to pop-up camping

Hello all. We currently hail from Alabama. We just bought a used 1993 Rockwood XL 1040. Got a great deal on it through a friend and are exciting to get out and camp hopefully in a few weeks.

We have loved to tent camp as a family for a few years now, but the last couple of trips we got rained on with soaked sleeping bags and leaking air mattresses and ripped tents... And we decided it was time it get off the ground.

Our new camper seems to be solid. A friend found it a few hours away and attests to the interior quality. Only problem is that the lift system needs to be repaired. Hubby went up after the friend made the arrangements for us and hauled it back, so we haven't been inside. For the price we got it for we are not complaining. We are hoping a friend or two will be coming to help us raise the roof today so we can evaluate the lift system. Any tips, info, schematics to help would be great. Looking forward to many camping trips and maybe some fun renovations...
TheRappyCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #2

Hello,
Welcome to the forum. There are many knowledgeable people with lots of experience and know how on this forum.
Prior to owning a travel traveler, we had a Dutchmen pop up and found PopUpPortal to be a very helpful site as it is solely for popups. Not to say that you will find information on this site but many people use several sites for info.
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 1993 Rockwood XL 1040. It'll be great to get up off the ground. Here's a link to another forum I spent alot of time on when we had our popup. PopUp Explorer
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #4

Thx

Thank you both for the info and warm welcome. I will check those out.
TheRappyCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #5
Always Learning

Funny that the welcomes were also links away- but they're both great links. When I had my pop-up, I used them both. Moreso the popup exchange site- but I found helpful info on both.

Welcome! Getting a new camper is exciting! Once you all get it opened up, take some pictures and post them. We love pictures.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #6

Welcome from Dawsonville, Georgia!!
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping