Old 06-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
New to pulling 5th wheel

Yesterday my wife and I picked up our 5th wheel that we bought at a on-line auction. Its a 2003 Salem 25RLSS.For the last 12 or so years we have been camping in a 8 1/2 foot pick-up camper, so this should give us a lot more room.
The thing is we also have a 14 1/2 foot boat that we want to pull.
The Salem has a trailer hitch on it already and is wired for lights so its ready to go. My question is do I need some kind of special endorsment on my drivers license? We live in Michigan.Thanks

Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
In NY state, you cannot tow more than 1 object behind your tow vehicle. Its a state by state law. To the best of my knowledge, only 4 or 5 states allow more than 1 towed object. You might want to re-think your towing arrangement or even mount the boat on top or back of your RV.

2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Check with the states you want to pull your rig thru, in Minnesota its ok to pull a boat behind 5th wheel as long as you don't exceed 70 feet from front bumper to your prop.
Rod & Linda Johnson
Cedar, Minnesota
2006 F-250 SD 4x4 6.0
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel