Old 08-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
New to pup camping have questions

Sounds like a great community. just purchased a 2007 palomino mustang m6149. trying to find out if there are any schematics to the water system as I think I am missing an overflow hose that runs from the fresh water tank to the overflow hole on the fresh water fill inlet. Also, do you put the fridge on 12v when towing to a campground that is about two hours away? owners manual was not very specific. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

gutierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #2
Site Team
If there is a vent on the fresh water tank itself, there should probably be a hose going from it to the vent on the side of the PUP. You can switch the fridge to 12V while traveling but be aware that the fridge uses quite a bit of current and you should make sure that the 12V aux connection in your Bargman plug is powered and has a heavy wire from the fuze box back to the plug. Also if you stop during the trip say for lunch, be sure to disconnect the trailer plug as it can drain the tow vehicle battery. If fridge is cold and contents are cold you should be OK without powering fridge.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
thanks flybob. forrest river actually said they did not hook up the vent on this year pup. They just put an l fittiong pointing straight up. leaks out when full. I thought this was odd being open and dirt and contaminants could get into the tank while traveling down the road. Also, fridge did not get very cold the entire trip. plugged it in 24 hours before we left on 120v leveled trailer. not sure what it could be? fins were very hot and the inside coil was cool but not cold. outside temp during day was about 90. Dometic mod rm2193. single door. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
gutierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
Welcome to the forums.
We just upgraded from a pup to a new fifth wheel, but when we were doing shorter (< 4hr) trips with the pup we just preferred to put the fridge on at home via main power for a day before leaving, and put a couple of frozen things in it before leaving, and then leave it turned off for the drive.
To be honest that even worked for a full day drive (Central FL to northern Georgia) if stocked with several frozen items (as long as you don't want them to stay fully frozen).
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
Seeing as you're new to popup camping here's a link that might interest you:
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new pup. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #7
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about the overflow hose but I would place on on it if it did not have one. Water is one thing you want to route away from the pop up whenever possible.

I convert the fridge over to propane for the drive to the campground. You can use 12V also if you wish. I just find the propane will keep it cooler.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote