Old 11-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #11

Question Also very new

I am also very new to travel trailer camping. We just bought our first - a 2011 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608SS towing with a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 5.6 with a hemi (which I was told by several experienced travelers was good). My confusion is with the "black water flush" listed as standard on all of these models. I have read about how this is supposed to work but don't see the connection on the camper that should be marked "black water flush".....any help??? I have only had the camper a little over a month and a 1/2 and have used a honey wagon and dump station to drain, but still not the "black water flush" listed on the paperwork. It also is not in the manual.
??? Thanks for suggestions and advice as it IS a learning process.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #12

Welcome from the old guys.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #13

Welcome kenbulmer. We also purchased a 2901SS this year (this is our fifth RV). We absolutely love the floorplan and the entire camper in general. I know what you are saying about the bunks in the rear. We only have one child and she likes to have friends along camping. We have had as many as 3 kids and 4 adults in the camper for a weekend with plenty of room to spare. If you ever have any questions specific to your model feel free to shoot them towards me.

Sorry no suggestions on campgrounds in your neck of the woods. We are from northwestern Ohio and haven't camped in the Carolina's.
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras View Post
I am also very new to travel trailer camping. We just bought our first - a 2011 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608SS towing with a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 5.6 with a hemi (which I was told by several experienced travelers was good). My confusion is with the "black water flush" listed as standard on all of these models. I have read about how this is supposed to work but don't see the connection on the camper that should be marked "black water flush".....any help??? I have only had the camper a little over a month and a 1/2 and have used a honey wagon and dump station to drain, but still not the "black water flush" listed on the paperwork. It also is not in the manual.
??? Thanks for suggestions and advice as it IS a learning process.
Pandoras,

We had our 2901SS out for our first trip this weekend. On our unit the black water flush is a 2nd hose connection on the unit that goes directly into the black water tank. I unhooked the city water connection and used a different hose to hook up the black water flush and when I opened the black water drain I turned on the city water to flush out the tank. We have a small clear extension on the drain so you can see when it is finished training. Once the water coming from the black water tank was running clear I knew the tank was emptied and flushed out. Chances are you have another hose connection close to where the black water tank is. Hopefully that helps... (and hopefully I did it right being it was our first time out)

Ken
Old 11-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #15

Welcome: If you have dogs, check out Four Paws Kingdom campground in Rutherfordton. You might also like the Jordan Lake state campground near Raleigh. In the mountains, our favorite is Mama Gertie's Hideaway in Swannanoa, halfway between Asheville and Black Mountain. And Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury has a great campground with lots of stuff to do. Too much to list here. Check their website.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #16

Welcome to the Forum.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #17

New?, no sweat! We started 23 years ago and still have questions and "oops" in our camping life. 2 pull trailers,a fifth wheel, 2 motor homes and now back to the comfort of a fifth wheel with a diesel truck. Raised 2 kids and now camp with 2 grand kids and loving every time we are out. Have fun & there isn't anything more fulfilling.