Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry View Post
Canuk came along shortly after the Vancouver Canuk hocky team formed. I could be wrong I 65 year old Canadian. It seems to be a toung in cheek saying some dont mind otheres feel it is a slang and do not care for it. lot of U.S. citizins do not care for Yankee, some do. Mind set.
murry as my inquisitive nature keeps poking at me i find where i came up with Canadien , "montreal canadiens)i was raised in windser and my mothers people (100% french )go back about 8 generations before they came from france i have the history but its in french .you can call me a yank,redneck or anything else but please never call me LATE for dinner
brianj

take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan JS View Post
Right about now as a fourth generation American, Canada is looking more and more admirable. Safe clean, balanced budget, energy sufficient, controlled immigration, people respect one another......considering our neighbors to the south, you guys rock!!!
Just think if you immigrated here you could go south for the winter.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #23

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
murry as my inquisitive nature keeps poking at me i find where i came up with Canadien , "montreal canadiens)i was raised in windser and my mothers people (100% french )go back about 8 generations before they came from france i have the history but its in french .you can call me a yank,redneck or anything else but please never call me LATE for dinner
brianj
Yes that would do it. Your mothers family may have been part of a group of Acadian French that were persicuted by someone on the east side of this country, They whent south most to louisiana. in teresting story in US and Canadian History. My wifes Family were Montreal French as well. Not me just a plan whiteman.