Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #1

New to RV'ing, Kinda new to forum, ready to sign paperwork on 2018 Rockwood 8327SS

Sorry for long post, but figured what better way to introduce myself, than for others to see my struggles

So we have never owned an RV, and last bit of camping I did was 30 years ago...so logically, we went and bought/leased a private RV Lot in September out of the blue, even though we did not own an RV.

Cause why not right?

Bottom line, we need to decompress, I work 12+ hour shifts, and my wife works hard and takes care of our very hyper 9-year old.

So with that commitment, since then I have been doing a pile of research, and have thought about buying many trailers, from a Jayco 32BHDS, to a Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD (thus why I signed up in the first place mid January), to a CrossRoads RV SS331BH.

I have travelled more by car than I want to admit checking out these trailers to ensure 1) its the right one for us, 2) the wife approves (cause that is the important thing).

I should add, we will not be towing, just parking at RV lot, so travel vehicle did not matter, we just wanted something that would fit us.

Two weeks ago, another one on our list we looked at was the 2017 Rockwood Signature 8327SS. We thought we had a deal a couple of weeks ago, but the salesman was "new" and when push came to shove, they (the manager) said it was $6500 more than we agreed on. We walked out the door, wasting 2 hours and pretty pissed off.

Later that day we went to another dealer, and we all agreed on a deal for a 2017 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD. Wife and I were pleased, but me being me, I wanted to sleep on it, but they insisted they me to sign right there and then or the deal would not be valid, so again we walked away.

We then went to another dealer, and found a VERY good deal on a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS (which ironically was the first ever trailer we considered buying back in September), salesman was awesome, not pushy at all, and quick frankly we could have/should have bought right there, because it was $6,000 cheaper than the same model 32BHDS (all same options, year, hardwall, elite, etc) as a different dealer closer to us, but we decided to gamble and head to the HUGE RV show here in town that started yesterday.

Remember, these were all 2017 models, as we were trying to get a deal and this was just two weeks ago.

We head to the RV show yesterday, and they had a 2018 Rockwood Signature 8327SS there, so since we liked the 2017 version (that we feel we got screwed on), we decided to try and make a deal. We were pretty strict with our budget, and in the end we ended up $1000 apart, and we walked away, yet again.

We went home dejected yet again, so after wife went to sleep, I decided, screw this, we will just get the Jayco 32BHDS for $6000 less than we offered for the 2018 Rockwood. We loved the sales guy, was super chill.

I emailed that sales guy to send me build sheets on the two they had, and if he could send some other pics not on their webpage.

I went to bed content, and figured we were done.

I was off work, wife and kid gone, I check my e-mails, first, the guy selling the jayco, did everything I asked and more, and second, my wife had second thoughts and wanted me to go back and agree to their price on the Rockford.

Women, geez....

So anyways, I signed the papers conditional on viewing (which we are tomorrow morning, different color scheme inside), so soon we will be 2018 Rockwell 8327SS owners if all goes to plan. $4500 less than the idiots selling the 2017 version. ($2000 more than we offered for the 2017 version)

Be prepared for me to bomb you guys with questions (after I search of course), cause what idiot buys this as his first trailer right?

Happy wife, Happy life...
Greek Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Congrats on chapter 1

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:42 AM   #3

I can't figure out which one you are buying? But congrats anyway!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek Wizard View Post

Happy wife, Happy life...
So true ,so true. I went the opposite way and still hear about "the one" she liked and the one I bought

Congrats and welcome aboard
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #5

I am a "Bird in Hand" type,I will wait until it is on your Lot before I respond more! Youroo!!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the world of RVing. Make sure before you plunk the money down you do a good PDI to make sure all is well with camper.Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:14 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum. It is good to see that you were wise in taking your time and hopefully getting the right RV for you and your wife. The wife and I have both agreed on all of the campers that we have bought or we did not buy them. I also have known, in the past, when to walk away from a deal or a pushing sales person. I hope that you and your family spend many happy hours in your new camper.

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #8
I go RV'ing not Camping

congrats!!!

That is a really nice model choice!!!
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood