Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #1

New to RV's

Hello, my name is Jerry, the wife and I just purchased a 2014 Sunseeker 2250LE, its our first RV, currently living in Neah Bay WA. We get to do the PDI this saturday. Hoping we made the right decision.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:00 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your 2014 Sunseeker 225OLE too! I do recommend checking everything in the PDI and asking lots of questions. Your smartphone can come in handy for taking pictures or video.

As for making the right decision - just take things one step at a time. Keeping it simple at first can be helpful especially since it means relaxing at the campsite a little sooner too.

Good luck and please do let us know how the PDI goes.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #3

Welcome Jerry and congrats on your 2014 Sunseeker 2250LE. X2 on what Terier said above.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Site Team

I was pretty stressed after taking delivery & even started thinking about selling it that night. The next day I started thinking that there's little that we cannot recover from so why worry about "what if....". I was flip-flopping between two models but on my 3rd trip it dawn on me that I made the right choice with the trailer I selected.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #5

looks nice! Just stay away from other RVers.... many have 2 footitis and its contagious! What type of camping are you planning to do? Oh, congrats on your new home away from home.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #6

So picked it up last Saturday. PDI went well, a screw here or there.... All systems worked fine in all modes. Thanks for all the info on here, kind of had an idea on what I was looking at. Was super nervous with all the bad info on the internet, even while thinking people only post problems. Poulsbo RV treated us nice, even after the check cleared.

Spent the first night in the in laws driveway, that in itself is worth the money.... Drove like, well, like you would expect it to. Overall happy with the decision, the length is perfect, wish it didn't have the slide to worry about. The "walk around" queen is kind of a generous description. If you are able to scoot around it, climbing over to the other side should not be a problem.

Plan on local camping and over nights when we have to take trips to town. After baby is born, probably only way we will get away from the house. After my twenty, we plan on a national park tour.