Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #1

New to the expandables- gone the Gray side.lol

Have ownd two starcraft tent trailers (the last one was the 3608) and had to many problems with starcraft in there warranties. So with a lot of time on the internet we came up with the 2010 Roo 23ss and so far has been great. We do have it in to do some warranty work (furnace work and the bar that holds up the fresh water tank bent) so we will see how good Forest river is on there warranties. We have had it out now 4 times and i am sure glad we moved up the the Roo. Have made a few upgrades by putting some drawers in the closet and some sound barrier in the furnace area to lessen the sound a bit. (we had problems with the furnace before adding sound barrier). All in All a very good trailer so far. Any one in the upper Oregon Coast?
oh yes, My Wife, Me, Dog(Beagle, Neo) Daughter and Grandaughter most of the time...
2007 tundra

Tom

Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

FR has been very good in most cases at taking care of warranty work. Dealers on the other hand, not so good.

We live up in Washington outside of Seattle but one of our favorite parks to head for when we have the time is Nehalem Bay state park in Manzanita. We love to run down to Tillamook for an ice cream lunch and to pick up some cheese curd. We usually also try and hit Doogers for lunch or dinner while we are there too.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #3

While you are down by Tillamook you should check out the Kilches River campground. It is just before Tillamook and right on the river. If you have Kids there is a park and play ground in the middle of the park and it is right on the river. Is about 4 miles up in the woods..
Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #4

oh yes i see you Jeep. I dont know if you Quad at all but the hills there are on the north side of Hyway 6 so there is some good trails. Get your Tillamook ice cream at the Bar View Jetty Store, 3 times the ice cream and same cost!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #5

Yeah we have known about TSF trails for some time but have never been able to get our group all down there to Jeep any of them. My wife did take me dirt bike riding for the first time a few weeks ago near our home here (I think she was trying to kill me but I did just fine.) As with so many other things we want to do it comes down to not enough time off from work and waiting until we can retire to explore more of these places. I love the Oregon coast and wish we could spend more time there.

Thanks for the tip on Bar View Jetty store.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
Moderators' Assistant

not in Oregon but am a NorCal Roo 23SS owner!

will be at Silver Falls, in a few days, then Humbug Mtn. and then Harris Beach.

congrats on joining the "Roo Kroo"!!! and the elite 23SS Owners Club!!!

be sure to post pics and questions at the Expandable section here at FRF.