Old 10-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #1

New To the Forum...

Hey all ! Scott here, from Aurora, IL.
I recently purchased a 2015 Wolf Pup 17RP toy hauler. This is my third camper...started with a Flagstaff tent camper (never again!) then upgraded to a Jayco Eagle 293 RKS 5th wheel...It was very nice, but now that I'm divorced and the step kids are too old to want to go camping, it was time to downsize.

I really wanted a toy hauler since I take my '05 Grizzly 660 everywhere. I first saw these Wolf Pups at a dealer when I was in Springfield, MO while on vacation. I didn't realize how awesome the use of space is...So I decided to try and find one second-hand. I looked for a few weeks and just couldn't find one used. One popped up on CraigsList in Indiana and I jumped on it. I took a good look at it and it was like brand new. He was asking $9000 for it and I offered $8000...Cash is king.

When I was towing it home, I was shocked on just how lightweight it was. I have a 2000 F250 4x4 with the 7.3 turbodiesel...It's like it wasn't even back there! This is perfect, I can even tow it with my 2002 V8 Explorer...I was even able to jockey it around with my Grizzly !

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and I look forward to using it at the campgrounds, and for EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI. ...and maybe a little more travel destinations since it's SO easy to tow.

I look forward to getting to know y'all !

Old 10-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #2

Welcome and Congrats on your new to you TH. Sounds like you got a great deal, and was searching the right Craigslist Site at the right time. A lot of great bargains to be found there. A definite Win-Win for both parties.

Aurora, Il. Hmmm. I remember it well ( back then ). Lived there in the mid 60's ( grade school years ). Went to Abraham Lincoln School and lived on Woodlawn Ave. Even knew a boy named Scott in the neighborhood. Hmmm! A lot of great childhood memories of that town. Of course, many, many years ago.

Once again Welcome, enjoy your TH and

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:01 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote