Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #1

New to the Forum

Hello to Everyone, we are getting ready to retire soon. We are going to buy a new Flagstaff or a Rockwood. Also we live in Florida, so any help from anyone down this way would be Great.............

Phil
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your decision. Flagstaff and Rockwood both make nice units.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #3

Yes, welcome!
Just one comment on the Flagstaff/Rockwoods. If you are looking at the lightweights, be aware that they do not have as much insulation as other units. Thus, they are a little harder to keep cool in hot climates.
If you are buying one of the larger units, you may want to add a second air conditioner, which I believe is an option. But that would require having a 50 amp service, which I believe I saw someone post about recently.
Other than that, they are very nice.
We have a 28-foot Flagstaff fifth wheel, and really, really like it.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Yes, welcome!
Just one comment on the Flagstaff/Rockwoods. If you are looking at the lightweights, be aware that they do not have as much insulation as other units. Thus, they are a little harder to keep cool in hot climates.
If you are buying one of the larger units, you may want to add a second air conditioner, which I believe is an option. But that would require having a 50 amp service, which I believe I saw someone post about recently.
Other than that, they are very nice.
We have a 28-foot Flagstaff fifth wheel, and really, really like it.
Hey Guy,
Yes we are thinking of a lite model 8282ws or 8289ws. When we were in Tampa at the Super Show we talked about two AC units and the 50 amp service, just not sure yet. I will let you know more later....

Phil
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #5

Have you seen the IKWS?
What an awesome floor plan that is!
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Have you seen the IKWS?
What an awesome floor plan that is!
X2...if I was looking to go the lightweight route, this would be at top of the list

Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #7

Hey Guys,
The wife and I have been looking for about three years. We like the 8282ws because it has everything we want as it is just the two of us and two little dogs. We are planning to Buy in two years when Linda retires first. So that is why I had those models listed. Thanks for the Help......
Phil & Linda
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Hey Guy,
Yes we are thinking of a lite model 8282ws or 8289ws. When we were in Tampa at the Super Show we talked about two AC units and the 50 amp service, just not sure yet. I will let you know more later....

Phil
Since 99% of the time it is just the Mrs and I, our 8526RLWS Flagstaff (I forget the Rockwood model that is exactly the same except for interior colors and decals) is just what the Dr. ordered.

We love the layout and when we bought it, it was the only model that had dual access to the bathroom with out disturbing us or our guests at night.

Lots of campers have the dual access now, but I love the fact the EVERYTHING can be used without opening any slides. It is a tight squeeze into the dinette with both slides closed but we both can do it. Other wise, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and fridge can be accessed at rest stops with the slides closed. A BIG selling point for us.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
We live in Orlando and have a Flagstaff V-Lite 30wfkss. Wife loves the front kitchen. They have a new model for 2013 that has the kitchen in the middle and the bedroom in the front in the V. It has 3 slide outs. 2 at the rear that make the rear about 14 feet wide and one in the front for the bedroom. We love ours. Easy to tow and has all we need for the 2 of us and 2 Norwegian Elkhounds.
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
2011 Forest River Stealth

Welcome from the central coast of California
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaGinger View Post
We live in Orlando and have a Flagstaff V-Lite 30wfkss. Wife loves the front kitchen. They have a new model for 2013 that has the kitchen in the middle and the bedroom in the front in the V. It has 3 slide outs. 2 at the rear that make the rear about 14 feet wide and one in the front for the bedroom. We love ours. Easy to tow and has all we need for the 2 of us and 2 Norwegian Elkhounds.
Hey,
Glad to find someone from FL, I am sure their are others. We did look at a V Cross at the show in Tampa, it is a Great floor plan and looks nice with the front bedroom (lots of room). The problem we found was the kitchen did't have much counter space and it was a little heavier then we want. We are going to keep looking as we have done lots of homework. This fourm is a Great Place to get More information.

Phil & Linda