Old 02-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome fellow Texan. Where in Glen Rose did you stay. We were at Tres Rios a couple of years ago. It was a hot summer to go dinosaur hunting. But it was pretty cool anyway.

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
B47

Ed - we also stayed at TR this month. The dealer in Cleburne we brought our RK 29 from gave us some passes to the Ocean Canyon Properties (OCP) and we decided that TR was the closest to our house for our first trip out. We liked it and ended up buying a mid level membership in OCP which also includes reduced rates at Coast To Coast and Resorts Of Distinstion properties.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
Now a "Top Member"

Very cool. Tres Rios was pretty nice. My Dad got the invite from buying a new something, and he invited us along. He didn't end up buying, nor did we. We couldn't justify it at this point in our life or camping life. But it is pretty nice.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #14

Hello and welcome fellow Texan. We are only about 45 minutes NWest of you. We also bought our Puma 25-RS from whom i suspect is the same dealer. Hope your experience with them was as enjoyable as ours was. We received what i felt like was a very good trade-in value for our 2005 palamino thorughbred plus a very good deal on the Puma. Good luck in your travels in days to come.
tcoop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #15

We bought a new 2012 Prime Time Crusader 260rld last april. The dealer told us that we could tow this thing with a 1/2 ton truck.I have a Dodge Ram 1500 with a v6 in it and we do not pull the Crusader with it. My mother in law let's us pull it with her 1 ton Chevy deisel dually. The dealer said we could pull anything with the dually. The little 1/2 ton might pull it but not very far and stopping would be an issue.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #16

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. Lots of good information on here...and if you can't find it...just ask. I am retired from the Federal System also, Oct. 2007. Just got into the TT world last month, sitting here waiting in Middle Tennessee for the weather to warm up so we can de-winterize and start enjoying our travel trailer. I have been down the coast highway from San Simeon to Pismo Beach on Highway 1, not with a trailer though.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #17
B47

Troop 48 - Thanks for the welcome and I guess I can say that we live in Keller. We found a nice RV storage facility not far from us in Keller. Did your RV saleman have orange hair??
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #18
B47

Imabmwnut - The only thing our salesman told us regarding a tow vehicle is to be sure to get one with a 6 foot bed for our new 5th wheel and I am glad he did. It is great when turning. I have a new Ram 2500 with the Cummins 6.7 diesel engine and the factory tow package and it is great also.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #19

B47, it's normal for a tv to settle when hitched up. If all your weight rating numbers workout you could add air bags to level the tv. They work great for towing 5'ers. Just be aware that they do not increase any of your tv's weight ratings.

People towing tt's usually have some type of wd hitch which has spring bars you can adjust to level your tv. These hitches actually shift some of the tongue weight to the tv's front axle, whereas air bags only level the vehicle without shifting any of the weight. Also, the wd hitches do not increase any of the tv's ratings.

Good luck to you and I hope everything works out.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
Now a "Top Member"

Air bags also help smooth the ride (with the 5th wheel hitched up) to some degree. I had them on my last truck, and now have them on my new truck. I got the Wireless Remote system this time to air the bags up. Boy is that nice. Just push a button (from within the cab of the truck!) and add 10 pounds of air. Really nice.