Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #1

New today

Just signed up and put a rant in the toy hauler section. Lol. Sure I will use this site for other stuff. Glad I found it.
Nastynotchback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #2

Welcome. I read your rant in the other section. It's kinda funny that you have a 2016 and have been having problems but haven't posted anything yet looking for any help. Ive read lots of post from new people bashing FR and they generally end with criticism of the poster and suggestions of things you could of done better or different that would of made the situations a whole lot better.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:52 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome aboard. I'm probably going to edit the title of your vent thread.... as the way it's currently worded, it's assuming all other owners are in the same situation as you are, which they are not.

Also, we will allow the vent thread "if" you are trying to get help from the community in possibly fixing the things that maybe FR should have....as long as the threads are constructive.

We also have this guideline, that you may need to be aware of. We just want to make sure you get started on the right foot, and hopefully our community can get you to the point of being a happy camper, as you should be.

Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Forest River products in an effort to learn from others with similar issues, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Forest River, Forest River products, or Forest River owners is strictly forbidden.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #4

Welcome from SW Ohio .
Old 07-07-2019, 01:59 PM   #5

I just found this site by accident. Only reason I posted anything is to see how many other people have had issues. The faucet started leaking in the middle of the night and filled up the tank overflowing in the floor and ruined the vanity. How is that my fault? It was a slow leak. The stabilizer jack motor burning up the first time it was used???? My fault, I think not. Let me know if you want to hear of all the issues.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Welcome aboard. I'm probably going to edit the title of your vent thread.... as the way it's currently worded, it's assuming all other owners are in the same situation as you are, which they are not.

Also, we will allow the vent thread "if" you are trying to get help from the community in possibly fixing the things that maybe FR should have....as long as the threads are constructive.

We also have this guideline, that you may need to be aware of. We just want to make sure you get started on the right foot, and hopefully our community can get you to the point of being a happy camper, as you should be.

Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Forest River products in an effort to learn from others with similar issues, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Forest River, Forest River products, or Forest River owners is strictly forbidden.
I am not here to bash Forest River just to see if this is a common occurrence with the XLR. I also would like to use this site for other things in the future like where to by this or that and what's the best products for whatever ect. Thanks
Old 07-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynotchback1 View Post
I am not here to bash Forest River just to see if this is a common occurrence with the XLR. I also would like to use this site for other things in the future like where to by this or that and what's the best products for whatever ect. Thanks
Welcome to the Forum from Southern Virginia. While you are not alone with your issues, your issues are not common either.

A lot can be mistaken by the way you word posts, it is easy to be taken the wrong way by those that have never met you.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Welcome to the Forum from Southern Virginia. While you are not alone with your issues, your issues are not common either.

A lot can be mistaken by the way you word posts, it is easy to be taken the wrong way by those that have never met you.

You are correct and I apologize if I have offended anyone. Not my intention. I want to get along with everyone and be welcomed here but I can see there are alot of FR lover's here. This is my second FR product and the first one was great. No problems ever.