Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #21
Wanna Be Camper
Originally Posted by prof_fate View Post
Checklist? Forest River has one that the dealer is to go over with you and you sign it and get a carbon copy of it. At least my dealer did it and the form says Forest River on it. Seems to be a standard deal with FR.

We bought at an RV show in January, a model at the show. We went to the dealership for the paperwork/financing and the form was presented then and filled out and we signed it then. I was a bit nervous that we did this 'approval' before actually doing a walkthrough.
It sat on their lot until last week when we got our walk through. It was hooked up for them to tow to our home - no water in it (still had the antifreeze in the plumbing). They assured me everything was checked and it would be fine.

I've now tried and tested everything (ok, maybe not every 110 outlet) and yep, everything is fine and works. The only glitch I found was the vent hose from the freshwater tank is not there and from posts here that seems to be a fairly common FR thing to forget. Probably not worth my time and money (gas) to take it back to the dealer for a fix. YMMV of course.
Our dealer had the same thing we over on the walk through and signed at the end.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #22

Play a little hard ball with the dealer insist on a new battery NO charge to you , Black water hose , t,p .. etc .,,basically a starter kit

dretired is offline   Reply With Quote