Old 03-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
2009 830RBSS
New TT :)

Hi everyone,

My wife, I, and the kids (5yo and 2 2yo's) have been camping out in my brothers TT or my FIL's 5-er for the past few years, so we finally decided to take the plunge this year.

No easing into it for us... we picked up the Flagstaff 830RBSS, fully loaded, and absolutely love it so far (even though we haven't even taken it out camping yet! LOL). We love the layout, HUGE slide-out, and my 5yo son loves the rear sliding bunks. And I love the HUGE (for a TT) 32" flat screen that came with it!

Seeing how we are first-timers to the TT world, any useful advice, tips, tricks, etc. would be more than welcome.

Oh, and TV is 05 Ram 1500 w/ 4.7L and 4.56's. From the small trip I took it from the dealer to the storage lot, it pulled it very easily (using Equalizer hitch and Tekonsha P3).

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
welcome to the forum. there are alot of helpful people around here. i am pretty new at the whole camping thing. but wanted to welcome you anyway..

Happy Camping

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member
First thing is make your first camping trip in your driveway or as close to home as possible. That way you can run inside and get what you forgot to pack. Also it will give you a chance to use all the features and hopefully you won't have a need for any tools to make an adjustment or repair. They all have something that needs attention. But by all means have a great time.
We've had ours since November 2006 and still camp out in the driveway on occasion. Sometimes it's just nice to hang out there and watch TV. It's my Man-Cave as some have called it. Nascar and the NFL viewing occurs most weekends when we're home.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
The first trip should be very close to home, A state park of RV camp ground only a couple miles from home. That way you can hook up to water, elec and sewer.
This way you learn about leveling blocks and all the other stuff and are still close to home for what ever you might need.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Just enjoy!!!
John & Johnna
2005 Tahoe Z71
2010 Salem 26TBUD
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
2009 830RBSS
Thanks for the welcome guys. Unfortunately, my driveway is way too short to park the trailer, so I store it off-site. We already have our first trip planned, about 20 minutes away at a state park. Definitely good advice, as I'm sure we will forget something important our first time out. I'll post some pics the next time we get a good weekend. We've been having some really nice weather during the week, but rainy weekends.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote