Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #61

Hello there, everyone here is wonderful with helping answer questions. Hope these two documents will help you some, other great info in FILESZ OF THIS GROUP. Happy Travels.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Arrival and Departure Checklist.pdf (352.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: pdf A Suggested Basic RV Supplies List.pdf (208.7 KB, 17 views)
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #62

Welcome to the club

No reason to be scared. I was a new to travel trailering 7 months ago, but have been pulling boats for years. As other have said, people are more than willing to help others figure things out. Since your trailer is a 2016 I doubt you will have pilot lights that require you to light. They should be direct ignition like most gas stoves in houses. That said you might want to see what the oven will need. I hope you go the manuals for each of the appliances. Most of those tell you how to do those things. The overall manual for trailers leave a lot to be desired. You can also download some of the manuals online. Someone mentioned You-Tube. I found that a great resource for lots of things not just travel trailering tips.

Now go have fun.
MadDog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:10 AM   #63

I have a ten foot pole for sale.
Just sayin
Rugman1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #64

YouTube is a powerful tool. I never replaced an igniter in a gas stove yet was able to do it myself after watching YouTube, saved hundreds of dollars. Never did a carburetor rebuild so I went to YouTube and learned to do it saving hundreds again. With YouTube I could figure out how to do almost anything within minutes.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #65

Hi Rose, I live about 2 hours south of you and I have a leveling hitch only used once . I can make you a great deal and give you help on your RV, I even have places to park for free , check it out on boondockers are welcome website. It is the only one listed for Coulterville.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #66
Sparkylola

Quick update, I decided on a Anderson weight distribution hitch not cheap but needed, I also joined thousand trails, next holiday is February 19, thinking about heading to snowflower for a weekend getaway.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:19 PM   #67

Have fun

Now that you have your hitch, get it installed and go have fun. We are headed out as well soon. Enjoy
MadDog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #68
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkylola916 View Post
Quick update, I decided on a Anderson weight distribution hitch not cheap but needed, I also joined thousand trails, next holiday is February 19, thinking about heading to snowflower for a weekend getaway.
Book it as early as you think about it. There's no penalty to break reservations with TT.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #69
Sparkylola

Anderson Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzroll View Post
I would HIGHLY recommend Anderson’s weight distribution system. It is much easier for a lady to operate and more effective overall.
I bought it from Amazon, have not installed it yet but watched the video on UTube and it seems easy, it is heavy to lift the box though, I will update you on my installation process.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #70

You must light the pilot light each time you turn on the gas. NEVER turn on your WH on with no water in it. I would use an equalizer hitch even if the math says you don't need it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags