Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #1

Newbie from Florida

Hi everyone!

We purchased a 2011 Forest River Surveyor Sport late last summer. Before we could outfit her and plan a recreational camping trip, Hurricane Irma was on the way, so we used her for the first time to evacuate our family to South Carolina. Boy, was that a fun trip for unprepared newbie campers. We had to stop on the way to buy the essentials!

After that trip, I wasn't sure that hubby wasn't regretting the purchase. He sure didn't seem very interested in taking another trip any time soon. But now a new season is upon us, and we have two trips planned. A two night trip at the end of March to ease into the season, and a seven night trip at the end of April into May. I'm so excited!

We've been doing a bit of maintenance to prepare for the upcoming season. So far I've DIY-ed a sewer hose storage system, replaced two roof top vent caps, and installed vent covers. I'll be checking out the water heater anode and sanitizing the fresh water system before we go as well. Luckily, we have two neighbors with RVing experience, so we've been utilizing their expertise to be as prepared as we can be so that we can enjoy our trailer. I am also excited about finding this forum and have been reading several threads on various topics. I look forward to interacting with you all!

Happy Camping!
Amy
Herophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herophile View Post
So far I've DIY-ed a sewer hose storage system, replaced two roof top vent caps, and installed vent covers. I'll be checking out the water heater anode and sanitizing the fresh water system before we go as well.
Will you marry me?
Old 03-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #3

Welcome to the herd. Enjoy your travels and stay safe.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #4

Welcome Amy!!
Glad your family stayed safe during Irma!
I have learned so much on here! I relay everything to my husband. We have always had a trailer or 5th wheel but our Class A is a learning curve and she’s not even home yet! So much to learn.
KWhite2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #5

Welcome from north central Florida! Evacuation and all that pressure is one thing, especially since you had not been able to stock and prepare properly. Camping fun is a whole other thing! Have a great time, let us know where you camp, and if you enjoyed it more than evacuating.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome from SoCal! You sure had an exciting beginning but glad you had a second home to use.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #7

hidee ho

Hello and welcome from northern Arizona! We love our Surveyor sport and have had very few problems with it other than what I have caused. Glad you are safe and sound. Happy Camping!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #8

Welcome from the Space Coast.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #9

Welcome from North Central Arkansas.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #10

Welcome from Central Florida. We are new as well to the camping scene... boaters for 20 years. We joined. local camping group, Central Florida Happy Campers. Several or our friends who we boated with turned to camping and joined as well.

You should check if there are any camping groups in your area. Having a group to fall back on is a welcome feeling as you learn. Hey I want to avoid as many moments as I can while I get educated.

Tags