Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #1

Newbie from Katy, TX - Wildwood X-Lite 231

Hello Everyone,

The hubbie and I go to pick-up our new 2014 Wildwood X-Lite 2310 this Wednesday! Can't wait to go glamping

We're having them install a topper for the slide, other than that I'm having fun figuring out how I want to organize things, while the hubbie's learning about 'weight distribution hitches' and the like. Going to try to get as much out of the walk-thru as we can!
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums from SW Idaho.
Please be sure and look in the library for a PDI list to print out and take with you.
Do Not let them rush you thru it, ask questions and get answers about anything you are not sure about.

Have fun and good luck.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #3

Great resource!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Welcome to the forums from SW Idaho.
Please be sure and look in the library for a PDI list to print out and take with you.
Do Not let them rush you thru it, ask questions and get answers about anything you are not sure about.

Have fun and good luck.

Thanks so much for the document reference - I have downloaded it to print out! Reading over it now
Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wildwood X-Lite! Ditto on the suggestion to keep asking questions during the PDI.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
Always Learning

Too fun! I do recommend that you both learn- you never know when you may want to get hitched without him. We have a bunch of women who camp on the forum here. My wife is paramount in helping me hitch and unhitch - making sure my mind doesn't miss a step.

We have our camper always packed for trips. The only things that we add at trip time are some clothes and food (and 73 bags of "extras" that seem to creep in).
Old 03-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #6

Welcome form Wisconsin and congrats on your 2014 Wildwood X-Lite 2310! Like others have said, take your time thru the PDI. Don't sign anything until all meets with your satisfaction. You might want to consider getting a cover for your roof vent too so you can leave it open for fresh air during the rain. Link for MaxxAir II: Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxair II
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #7

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Too fun! I do recommend that you both learn- you never know when you may want to get hitched without him. We have a bunch of women who camp on the forum here. My wife is paramount in helping me hitch and unhitch - making sure my mind doesn't miss a step.

We have our camper always packed for trips. The only things that we add at trip time are some clothes and food (and 73 bags of "extras" that seem to creep in).
LOL! Unlikely I would ever get hitched without him, he likes to camp and FISH even more than I do, but I definitely plan to learn the ropes of how everything works because you just never know. Gonna take a step ladder and flashlight with me too! Might even video the whole thing

I also want to keep it packed for trips, but I'm trying to contain myself on what to get for organizing the inside because I'm not really sure just yet how I'm going to want to do that, it'll take a trip or 2 or 3, etc...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
Always Learning

We're over packers so it was easy- take everything and anything and doubles, too.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #9

Welcome from Magnolia!
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

MagnoliaTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, wildwood