Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Newbie From Michigan!

Hello All!

We have now had the camping bug for the past 12 years or so and after borrowing a friends travel trailer, we decided we couldn't go back to tent camping We started looiking at different models that suited our needs (and were in our budget) and we really liked the Rockwood Roo's. The first one we feel in love with was the 23SS hybrid model. We were thisclose to putting a deposit on it this past weekend at the camper show when we saw the Roo 25RS. After looking at all the pros and cons we decided a hardshell would work better for us for airing out reasons. (We cannot keep the camper at our home and will have to store it s half mile awway at a storage facility.)

So we put a deposit down on the 25RS and are going to the dealer next weekend to pick out our options! Any suggestions on options that are "must haves" in your mind are welcome! We know we want the power awning and outside grill and electric jack. We were trying t look online and see what the price range we were looking for but there are so many option we are clueless what we need and we want to be able to go into the dealer and not get charged and arm and a leg for something we can get elsewhere. We have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

Thanks for any help and suggestions on our Roo 25RS!

Becky and Dave
Backpackers, Tent Campers and Hopefully Roo owners soon!

BnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Welcome to the forum and congrats for deciding on the 25RS. IMHO I'd look at another grill. Weber Q or something else that doesn't mount on the side of your camper.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Campfire Master
Welcome Becky and Dave! Glad you're here.
I've never had an attached grill but it seems like I would rather do as Wiscampin would do. Wouldn't want all the smoke and grease that close to my trailer. Don't think its all that dangerous, just don't want to clean a grease film off the siding.

AVid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Welcome to the Forum. I'm partial to the Weber grill also. Check out some of the "lists" that are posted on here on what people carry. A quick search will tell you everything you need. I'm sure someone has a direct link, and will post it shortly. Of the items you will need, I would order online. Much cheaper than buying at the dealer, usually, even with the 10-30% most give you when you buy.
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
Experienced Newbie
Welcome from a fellow Michigander. SE Michigan for me.
We own a hybrid and are looking to upgrade after only a year. Now that we have a capable tow vehicle, I think it's going to happen

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
Site Team
Welcome aboard!

I always wanted a grill that could be mounted but not enough to buy one. I finally ended up buying a small tailgate grill that I hope to try on my next outing.

Good luck.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
Well it looks like we will not have the option of ordering the 25RS since we can only get the "camper show" price on the one they have in stock. So that means we are getting the grill (even though we decided we probably will get a separate on to actually use a little bit farther away from the trailer) and it does now have a power awning

As for the electric jack... is it really worth the extra $275 that they are charging us? Opinions?

Now to check out online prices for the accessories vs the dealer. Any recommendations on the type of cover we should purchase? We got a quote from the dealer but wanted to look around online too. Thanks!
BnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Yes, the electric jack is worth every penny. You can get a LP quick connect extender hose and move the grill away from the camper. That's what I do.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Welcome and congrats!
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Yeah, the electric jack is especially helpful if you are using a weight distribution hitch like the Equalizer. Sometimes it seems like I have to lift the back of my truck significantly to get the bars on, and I couldn't do it without the power jack.

2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote