Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #1

Newbie from Wisconsin.. brrrrr.

After making my wife tent camp with me for years, I was faced with a loving ultimatum: get something more comfy or camp alone. Now, mind you, I don't mind camping alone once in a while, but I do like my wife and daughter to join me as often as possible. So, with that said, after planning for a year (including trading in our car last year for something that can tow a small PUP while look professional for my wife, and checking ads for a used PUP) we finally bought ourselves a new to me 2007 Rockwood Freedom 2270.

I figured I'd join the forum here because I am a bit of a worry wort and will have tons a questions; although, after living in my house for 6 years, apparently when I set up my PUP in the front yard for "test night", my neighbors sure do come and introduce themselves! That was very nice as I ran into a few hiccups and had to knock on my new friend's door for some help.

So we bought it last week, and spend Saturday night "camping" in it to get a real feel for it and to make sure we understood everything... I'd rather do that at home where I can fix what I need to instead of being in the middle of nowwhere. So, the fun part was that we really gave the furnace a run for its money as it was 26 degrees F outside all night and a comfy 58 inside.... I had my bed warmer cranked up to 6 and woke up sweating bullets.

So, in short, GOD I LOVE THIS THING. As hardcore as I am (including my days as a peace corps volunteer in the third world) I do enjoy being comfortable when I camp.

Now, as the worry wort as I am, I already made a date with my wife to go to the outside storage where our camper is parked because I remember a piece of the canvas was hanging out a little when we closed the top and its bugging me now. Unlike Taylor Swift, I can't shake it off.

I look forward to this community!
Redpelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your new camper

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Flagstaff 831RKBSS
2001 Suburban 2500/6.0
1999 Chevy 2500/6.0
mike618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #3

Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite and congrats on your 2007 Rockwood Freedom 2270.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:46 PM   #4

Welcome from Minnesota.

(2013 Ford F150 Crewcab Ecoboost traded)
Mowgli64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #5

Welcome from Ontario. Congratulations on your new purchase. Now there is no fear of camping alone.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #6

welcome from barrie ontario congrats on your new to you pup. i had a 2005 2270 freedom . enjoyed it very much. traded it in last october for a new 2015 23ikss. take delivery at the end of April . it,s been a long winter. can,t wait to get out and start camping.
muskoka01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags