Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 11:02 AM   #1

Newbie greetings from potential Owner

Former pop-up campers seriously considering a used 2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS. Curious about actual owners experience and what info FR might be able to provide if I give them the VIN. Specifically want to know if it has 13.5 or 15K btu AC. Not sure how to tell the difference just looking at it.

Also the unit is at CW. They offer a $995 used trailer inspection that seems to be in line with a New Trailer PDI. Anyone have experience with this?

Just ran a free VIN Check on the NADA Website and it came up with "no records"

A little nervous about buying used but they discontinued this Floor plan and it comes the closest to checking off all our boxes for wants and needs.

TV 2018 F-150 Platinum Max Towing pkg
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Id say the camper has a 13500 BTU AC. most place give free PDI another trick from CW to get money. I have bought 5 campers and never paid a PDI fee. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

Hello,

You can find the model tag on the A/C to figure the BTU rating. I think with a 25 ft RV you will fine either way(I had a 35 ft with a 15K in SW AR and it did ok).

There is no way I would pay anyone(especially CW) a $1000 to "inspect" my rv! You can get an inspector to do that...I am sure for way less than that.

As far as the floor plan..I wouldn't be worried about the discontinued floor plan... mine is too. The only thing people worry about is resale... the crash parts are obsolete long before you wear out the unit... so not to worry.

Welcome from Arkansas.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:32 PM   #4

Welcome from SW Ohio .
Old 05-28-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

Thanks for the input. I was able to E-mail FR with the VIN to confirm the build date and options. The "inspection" includes a tech testing all major systems, full tanks, new battery and a tech led walk through. I have twice asked what happens if they find required repairs and was told they fix them. I hadn't planned on paying for it although I may try to negotiate it into the price.

My concern with the AC was just curiosity to see if it had the upgrade (it does not). We just got back from camping in a rented Shasta 18bh with a non-ducted 13.5 in a rather small space. While totally adequate to cool the space, it was loud enough to drown out the drunken karaoke party going on a few sites away as well as any intelligible conversation inside the coach. I wonder if the ducted ac in the 25bhs is any quieter.

I suspect it may be better to post model specific question in the Rockwood and Flagstaff sections?
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #6
Site Team

IMHO, $995 for a PDI/walkthrough is a total ripoff. Typical CW tactic.

Even though your F150 has the Max Tow package, the Platinum trim level adds quite a bit of weight.
Look closely at the TT's tongue weight vs the truck's payload capacity, since you can't take the combo to the scales.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #7

I am not sure if you purchased your camper yet, but I would simply tell them that you are not going to pay a PDI fee, or any other fee for that matter. It is their responsibility to sell you a unit that functions properly, you should not have to pay them to do so. Also, beware of any warranty that CW tries to sell you, as I hear that they are being sued and heading for bankruptcy, in which case your warranty could end up worthless.

Check out YouTube for recent videos regarding CW, their potential bankruptcy, and their warranties. I almost purchased a camper from them until they tried to tack on TWO $950 fees on top of their asking price. I went home, researched the company, and ended up calling a competitor who beat their price and tacked on no additional fees beyond a $200 (and change) one required by the state.
cyberxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #8
bloodybill

hello and welcome
BLOODYBILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags