Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

newbie here from nebraska

hello.......i have looked around on the open roads forum by woodall but they don't have a very big section on TH'ers so I stumbled across this site and thought I would check it out. i have towed a number of bumper draggers but bought a fifth last year. i bought a 2011 295 wp smooth side. i like it for the money but after viewing the raptor 4014 velocity well that's an incredible looking unit.....looking anyway. had an '06 30wp before this one and towed it with an '95 f250 psd 2wd...... that will never happen again!! lol need a 1 ton dually for that rig. lol I tow this 295 wp with an 99 f350 dually psd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0930121544.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24305  
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #2

Hello neighbor, we're from Fremont. Only had our camper for a year. Have a couple of friends we try to go out with. We usually go within a couple hours from here for weekends. Went out few times last summer, branched oak, Ponca, fremont lakes and so on. You got any places you really like yo go?
Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #3

well i am just outside valparaiso just about 8 miles east of branched oak lake. infact when I used to boat it only took about 10 to 15 min's to get from my drive to the boat docks depending on traffic lol we actually use ours to haul my rail to the dunes in oklahoma, about an 8 hr drive but we do camp in it as well. went to 2 rivers next to venice ne by omaha and out in the sand hills in western ne on my family's ranch north of halsey forest which is now called neb national forest. been thinking of camping there and taking the rail for the trails too. what camper do you have? can't really tell from the pic. I have not taken any real pics of mine that are on the computer anyway. i will have to this weekend though.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #4

Wellcome to the forum.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Wellcome to the forum.
thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #6

Funny, talk about a small world. Your families ranch in Halsey, my dad's farm is a little west of Stapleton. I have a sister that used to live in Thedford, and I spent a few summers up living with her. I know the middle loup well in that area, plus I played two summers for Thedford in little league baseball. The dunes in ok you talk about, is that in the panhandle? I got my electronics degree in liberal ks, but I remember near there in ok was some dunes. Our camper is a 2012 Cherokee 264L nice rear living unit with a power bunk over the couch and dinette in the slide. I have one kid with another on the way, so now I am thinking I want a bunkhouse where the bunks are in their own room
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #7

the ranch is actually 45 mins north of halsey forest. the dunes in ok are outside waynoka ok which is south of alva ok or south of medicine lodge ks. your sister probably knows a member or 2 of the gorsech family. that would be an uncle of mine. I have family all over up there. congrats on the baby to come. a good friend of mine has a bunkhouse model and his kids love it. our children are grown and in college now. this will be the second summer the wife and i will have to travel on our own lol boy the rides are nice and quiet too lol
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
hello.......i have looked around on the open roads forum by woodall but they don't have a very big section on TH'ers so I stumbled across this site and thought I would check it out. i have towed a number of bumper draggers but bought a fifth last year. i bought a 2011 295 wp smooth side. i like it for the money but after viewing the raptor 4014 velocity well that's an incredible looking unit.....looking anyway. had an '06 30wp before this one and towed it with an '95 f250 psd 2wd...... that will never happen again!! lol need a 1 ton dually for that rig. lol I tow this 295 wp with an 99 f350 dually psd.
This could be a Unit for Turbs too use at Goshen! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #9

Oh I recognize the gorsech name, but that is Dean the steer wrestler, but I would imagine that my sister might know some of your family since her and her husband used to live and work for a rancher near alkali lake, my sisters husband grew up near ainsworth. With the bunk house, there are lots of them, but not many with separate room that are small enough to be pulled by my ecoboost. I have a good friend that will maybe some day get a toy hauler, but he wants to wait til his kids are grown so he can put his bike in it and cruise around with his wife on the back and not have to worry about the kids
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This could be a Unit for Turbs too use at Goshen! Youroo!!
what does this mean?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnman1 View Post
Oh I recognize the gorsech name, but that is Dean the steer wrestler, but I would imagine that my sister might know some of your family since her and her husband used to live and work for a rancher near alkali lake, my sisters husband grew up near ainsworth. With the bunk house, there are lots of them, but not many with separate room that are small enough to be pulled by my ecoboost. I have a good friend that will maybe some day get a toy hauler, but he wants to wait til his kids are grown so he can put his bike in it and cruise around with his wife on the back and not have to worry about the kids
dean is my cousin and now lives in scottsbluff
Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
what does this mean?
Post #1 has a Pic.of a (Sand,Mud)? rod of some type. The Pic.didnt transfer over to my post. Turbo is the (Transportation Director) for the Goshen Frog Rally! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Post #1 has a Pic.of a (Sand,Mud)? rod of some type. The Pic.didnt transfer over to my post. Turbo is the (Transportation Director) for the Goshen Frog Rally! Youroo!!
gotcha that is my sand rail, we haul them down to the sand dunes in oklahoma. it weighs about 1200lbs and is 200 hp with 24" wheel travel front and rear. we have a great time down there even though it's an 8 hr drive. a friend of mine asked me once why we would drive 8 hrs to drive for a week lol he doesn't understand lol