Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Newbie in Michigan

I am very excited to be here. I will be making my first purchase in the next week or so for a Roo 233S. This will be my family's first camper as we have tent camped since hubby and I met in high school!
We have a 5yr. old daughter who already loves camping as much as we do. A key feature I loved about the 233S was the third bed that can be used for bringing along friends or just a place to keep the luggage, while allowing our daughter her own space as well as a separate bed for DH & I.

I am pretty new to forums and have spent some time looking around trying to get acclimated here. I must admit I find (all) forums a bit overwhelming and disorganized so have avoided them in the past, however I am very pleased with the search function here - it really helps to narrow down the information I am looking for. So I apologize in advance if I post in wrong areas or ask questions that have already been discussed.

Because I am new to this I would appreciate if anyone would point me to some specific topics or threads on maintenance, winterizing and general care of my expandable - this being my first one I really want to care for it properly. I have also seen several people refer to a place called but when I search for it I cannot find anything - what and where is it?

Thank you all for any replies - I really look forward to getting to know other RVer's and to sharing our adventures!

stephs2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Welcome aboard, Stephanie! And congrats on the new Roo!

I would suggest that you fool with the "search" function on this forum, by trying a few different key words to figure out how it works. It's fairly intuitive, and if you try entering specific key words, like winterizing, roof, wax, or similar, you will find lots of good info.

This forum is also VERY newbie-friendly, so feel free to just ask away with your specific questions, and I'm sure it'll just be a short time before you get some good answers!

Some members on some other forums, including the one that you mentioned in your post, can tend to me much less user friendly, and may tell you that "we answered that already this week", or "that's what search is for"... You likely won't find that on this forum, as this is about as friendly a group that you can find!

So, congrats on the new Roo, welcome aboard, ask anything, and Happy Camping!!!!

On Edit: appears to be down (again!) today, so that's probably why you can't find it.

Fire Instructor

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
Stephanie, lots helpful people and info here.

one suggestion, read through the Roo and Shamrock threads under the Expandable/Hybrid section here. the Roo and Shamrock lines are identical twins except for interior decor and outside graphics.
lots of 233S owners have been posting there since the floorplan first became available.
you'll find lots of posts about hybrid maintenance, mods, pics, ideas and so on.

under the Tech and Repair will be generic RV maintenance info, such as winterizing, black tank maintenence, roof care and so on.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
to the forum

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50