Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Newbie question???

I'm new to the forums and also a computer idiot, I've been reading alot of the forums and threads in them. My compliments to all of ya'. My question is.....Is there any way I can save the threads that I'm really intrested in to come back and read at a later time?

Thanks, Kirk

KirkwoodinLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
You can always copy the URL and paste it to a page in your Outlook. I don't know of any other way, but maybe others will chime in here.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
If you want to save the information only, you can highlight the information and do a control +C. Then shift to word and paste the information into a word document. I have done this with several subjects and I have several diferret documents with different subjects.
dichayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #4

Some forums allow you to "subscribe" to a thread so that when ever it is commented on it will send you a notification. You would have a section that shows your subscribed threads so that you can refer back to them when ever you want. However, I don't think this forum has such capability. Saving the link to the thread you want is a great idea or just printing out the info and keeping it in a binder for later reference.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
At the top of each thread, there's a section of links...look just below the "search" link. When you see "Thread Tools", click on that...then click "Subscribe to this thread"

Then when you're ready to go find this thread again...
Look towards the top of the page and click the link "User CP" (stands for Control Panel). The first header in the middle of the page is "New Subscribed Threads". If nothing shows up, look to the right, click on the link "View All Subscribed Threads" and bingo...there ya go, all the threads you saved.

Hope that helps.
(Sorry, I don't know the techie terms for the headers and banners and things mentioned above.)
Where we've been:

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
You can subscribe to a thread. To my knowledge they stay on the forum unless someone deletes it. Also, under the User CP menu item, scroll down the left set of links to "Edit Options" and click on it. If you wish, you can set the option to receive an e-mail each time a thread you post in or reply to has activity.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Thanks everybody,like I said I'm a computer idiot, so I'm gonna print all this out, let it all soak in. After a couple more cups of coffee I'll see if I can make some sense of it all.

Thanks Kirk
KirkwoodinLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #8
Awwwwwww.. not an idiot. You just started your training a little late. Like a wise teacher once told me- There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers.

MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote