Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
moonshyn52

Newbies from n.texas

Camping used to be a sleeping bag and a tent, but now just a few years from retirement,the ground has gotten a lot harder, and it seems to be a lot farther away, so we decided to try camping a better way. After looking at a lot of TT's my wife fell in love with a 2013 Forrest River Cherokee 264BH with the outdoor kitchen and from what i hear is a somewhat new option called "power bunks",(check this out on the website)whoever came up with these 2 ideas is a genius. With 8 grandkids this will come in handy. I am lucky enough to have a wind down job(pre-retirement) at a marina on the lake with plenty of full hook-ups, so thats where we keep the trailer and its waiting for us on the weekends and this is our first camper on wheels so its a perfect place to learn all about TT camping before we take it out on the road. We've only had the trailer for a couple of weeks, and ive learned the most from this site,so,thanks to everybody for very helpful info.
moonshyn52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Enjoy!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome moonshyn. Sounds like a pretty nice job, even winding down. Where in n.texas are you? Anyway, enjoy and see ya down the road!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
moonshyn52

Thanks,we are on lake texoma, on the Texas, Oklahoma border
moonshyn52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshyn52
Camping used to be a sleeping bag and a tent, but now just a few years from retirement,the ground has gotten a lot harder, and it seems to be a lot farther away, so we decided to try camping a better way. After looking at a lot of TT's my wife fell in love with a 2013 Forrest River Cherokee 264BH with the outdoor kitchen and from what i hear is a somewhat new option called "power bunks",(check this out on the website)whoever came up with these 2 ideas is a genius. With 8 grandkids this will come in handy. I am lucky enough to have a wind down job(pre-retirement) at a marina on the lake with plenty of full hook-ups, so thats where we keep the trailer and its waiting for us on the weekends and this is our first camper on wheels so its a perfect place to learn all about TT camping before we take it out on the road. We've only had the trailer for a couple of weeks, and ive learned the most from this site,so,thanks to everybody for very helpful info.
Welcome and congrats on the new TT. Fellow Texan here as well. Great forum and great people with a lot of help and ideas.
JBJ2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
Site Team

And congrats on your new Cherokee 264BH too! There is a lot of information and suggestions here that will come in handy but you will love the hands on experience too. I got to agree about the ground getting harder and lower...it's true!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshyn52 View Post
Thanks,we are on lake texoma, on the Texas, Oklahoma border
Cool. That's one of the places on my list to get to. I've seen lots of East Texas, but really haven't made it up past I-20 yet (other than when I used to live in Grand Saline). Anyway, welcome again!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote