Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #1

Newcomer 2006 Cedar Creek

Hello everyone! I wish this was all good news but I am looking for support! We just camped a week on fall break in the georgia mtns and experienced severe and constant rainstorms for nearly 5 days straight. Noticed afterwards, that carpet was soaked in each corner of rear living area and walls were buckled and rotten. We have owned this camper maybe 6 months, and I felt carpet when I bought it after a rainy day where it was parked and carpet was dry. Therefore, I didn't pay close enough attention to the 'bubbles' or rippling in paneling behind recliner. I took our friends at their word when they said "we checked it out real good and there's nothing wrong with it"....they were selling it for their nephew...oh well, I should have heeded my initial concerns and ran the other way...now we have to fix it! Cannot sell or trade in this condition. We owe 17k on it and it just makes me sick to think about it. Now for my question....where can we get factory interior paneling to replace the back wall where rear living area is? Is that possible?
hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker View Post
Hello everyone! I wish this was all good news but I am looking for support! We just camped a week on fall break in the georgia mtns and experienced severe and constant rainstorms for nearly 5 days straight. Noticed afterwards, that carpet was soaked in each corner of rear living area and walls were buckled and rotten. We have owned this camper maybe 6 months, and I felt carpet when I bought it after a rainy day where it was parked and carpet was dry. Therefore, I didn't pay close enough attention to the 'bubbles' or rippling in paneling behind recliner. I took our friends at their word when they said "we checked it out real good and there's nothing wrong with it"....they were selling it for their nephew...oh well, I should have heeded my initial concerns and ran the other way...now we have to fix it! Cannot sell or trade in this condition. We owe 17k on it and it just makes me sick to think about it. Now for my question....where can we get factory interior paneling to replace the back wall where rear living area is? Is that possible?
Welcome to the forums! I too which you were reporting better news and I'm sorry to hear about the water problem. You might try contacting FR and inquiring about getting a replacement wall and finding out your options. I'm sure others will be chiming in with feedback. As for your friends maybe they took someone else's word too. Too late for this sale but having a inspection done by a pro can be helpful.

Hopefully you can get the issue taken care of so you can start enjoying your RV.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek