Old 05-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #1

Newish RV'er

Good evening, all from Hot sweaty South Florida :-) The Family and I are new to RV'ing and just purchased my 2nd TT, a 2005 Rockwood 8272S. So far we love it. It was an upgrade from our first RV, which was a 1992 Thor Citation. Trying to find the time to actually enjoy it is another trick entirely. Been using local campsites to get our feet wet, and we are taking our first "long to us" trip this weekend to Northern Florida area.. 350 miles..

Learning tips and tricks along the way is actually fun to me, and part of the journey. Black/grey/fresh water tank cleaning and maintenance... Refrigerator use.. Auto/gas settings, etc.. electrical plugs that control half the dang camper.. lol.. Our first slide out (greatest invention since sliced bread as far as RV's go.. amazing how much room just a simple 8 x 4' slide out). Leaking gas bottles etc... although, that last one kinda sucks finding out the hard way..

Anyway.. just wanted to say hi, and wish everyone Safe and Happy RV'ing.

Waylon

Old 05-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Yup, there is a learning curve with these things.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #3

Wecome Waylon from HOT & Sweaty North Florida. Over 90 here today, but its that time of year. Where are you going to up this way? Lots of nice State Parks up here. Be happy to recommend some.
Enjoy & be safe
Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #4

Welcome from N FLA.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa GLS View Post
Wecome Waylon from HOT & Sweaty North Florida. Over 90 here today, but its that time of year. Where are you going to up this way? Lots of nice State Parks up here. Be happy to recommend some.
Enjoy & be safe
LOL.. thanks Papa... we are coming to the KOA in Stark this weekend, but my Mom lives in Jacksonville and I plan on checking out some of the sites in that area in the future as well.. one of our "bucket list" sites is actually at Hunting Island State Park, in South Carolina.. but We're open for anyplace just to get away..
Old 05-21-2015, 08:54 PM   #6

You will only be 13 miles from a me in Starke. Gold Head Branch SP in Keystone Heights is a pretty nice park. Also O'Leno SP near Lake City is OK, just a lot of ticks. And Paynes Prairie SP near Gainesville. We were a week at Wekiva Springs SP in Apopka; great park especially if you like canoeing or kayaking. Up near Jacksonville is Little Talbot Island SP & Fort Clinch SP in Fernandina. Many more to chose from, just be sure to enjoy.