Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
Not an RVer (yet)

Hi, I'm new, so new I don't have an rv yet! I live in the Pacific Northwest. I am considering going full time when life circumstances warrant it. I have a 3 horse gooseneck with a weekender LQ in it, so am figuring I could probably handle a fifth they seem to have more living space than a motor home. The horsetrailer is 23 foot, so am looking for no bigger than 30' fifth wheel. One of the fifth wheels I am considering is the Rockwood ultra light.

HappyAppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Site Team
Welcome to the forums! There's lots of good information here in the various forums. Doing a bit of homework now can pay off later when you are ready to put the trigger on an RV.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
Welcome to FRF's from SW Idaho.
I guess you have an F250/2500/2500 depending on your flavor choice.
The lite I have is 30 foot long and plays well with my 250.
Would you have the gooseneck conversion put on the trailer or go with the B&W companion hitch?

B & W Fifth Wheel Hitch - 5th Wheel Towing Hitch for Turnover Gooseneck
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
It had a fifthwheel conversion with it when I bought it. It's an older pu (1988 Chevy) but just put a 2000 455 (is that the equivalent of the 460? Husband is a ford man, so that's all I hear about is ford numbers!) engine in it. I will need to have the transmission done also, but since I won't be going for a while yet, that's okay. I am here for information so I can make an informed decision in a few years. Thanks for any and all info!
HappyAppy is offline   Reply With Quote