Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #1

Nutha newbie

Howdy from south east Georgia. I'm as far south and as far east as you can get in Georgia without entering Florida and getting wet! About 10 months ago, we bought our Cedar Creek 36CKTS and love it! We are about 2 years away from retiring and hope to do a lot of traveling. So far, the furthest we have traveled with it has been Pigeon Forge.
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
JoeGA... do you live in St Mary's? we live north of Atlanta ...Jasper. WELCOME to FRF and FROG's ...awesome gruop and fun rally's. Getting ready to go to one in FLA next weekend..Jan 6-11, 2013,

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #4

Welcome, Joe_GA. We have spent the last week camping at various Georgia state parks and having a great time. We also spent a couple of days at Jekyll Island campground and it's pretty awesome there. Georgia is so cool because they have incentives for campers. We bought the senior "Friends" pass. You get one or two nights of free camping (depending on which option you buy) and free entrance to any of the parks (normally about $5 each day). In less than five days, we re-couped the cost of the pass. Then, they have a program for RV campers where you spend ten nights and get a free night. That adds another big discount. So far, at least two of the state parks have had sewer and cable hookups as well as laundry facilities. Pretty unbelievable for state parks. :-)

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #5

Thanks y'all. campnqueen, I do live in St. Marys. We were in your neighborhood in October. We stayed at Stone Mountain. What a wonderful place that is!
stonekeepers, believe it or not, I have not taken advantage of the GA state parks perks. Shame on me! Jekyll is our favorite weekend get-away and we go there often.
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Camper Less Camping

Welcome and do try some GA state parks...you'll find many nice ones!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #7

Ragin_Cajun...I am so impressed with the GA parks system. We have a few nice state parks in Tennessee, but Georgia seems to be making a real effort to get more RV traffic in the parks. I can't believe they have cable in the campgrounds and the rates for seniors are around $25 for full hookup sites. The parks we have visited have been quiet, clean and modern. High Falls, Ft. McCallister, Reed Bingham, Seminole and Florence Marina so far...and we aren't done with this trip. :-) We also made a day trip to Providence Point. Didn't know there was a "Grand Canyon" in Georgia.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Site Team

Two years will come and pass and then your new life will start.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote