Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2016, 12:41 AM   #1

o now from lower alabama

I've got a furnace problem.ive got a good blue flame on the stove top (I know about the LP adjustment of 10) however I used the heater last night an today the blower motor will start run approximately 15 an as soon as the igniter ignites it shuts down including the blower motor now it will do tht same cycle like 3 times until the internal fault light on the cb stays lit also sometimes it will blink 2x any advice
Eazy-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:31 AM   #2

More information is needed. Make and model of furnace, are you connected to power or running on batteries, and possibly the make and model of the rv. What is the LP adjustment of 10?
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-E View Post
I've got a furnace problem.ive got a good blue flame on the stove top (I know about the LP adjustment of 10) however I used the heater last night an today the blower motor will start run approximately 15 an as soon as the igniter ignites it shuts down including the blower motor now it will do tht same cycle like 3 times until the internal fault light on the cb stays lit also sometimes it will blink 2x any advice
Once you know camper name I would post this question under that thread on the forum. You will get more responses there. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
Site Team

Also, have you checked to make sure you're not almost out of propane. The stove will light and burn if the bottle is very low, but the furnace won't run.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast View Post
More information is needed. Make and model of furnace, are you connected to power or running on batteries, and possibly the make and model of the rv. What is the LP adjustment of 10?

its a 2005 spirit of America coachman the furnace is a hydroflame 8531 I've read slot about it but I haven't gone any further than simply removing the flame sensor an lightly cleaning it. I don't know what the limo or sail switch look like.also the return air for the heater is located user the fridge but there no way to install a filter. does it require a filter? The original LP bottile are two bigish bottles an I haven't had the refilled yet I'm wondering since I switched to the smaller LP bottle (the kind you use on a grill tht u can have replaced at your convenience store) its not set to the right water column
Old 02-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #6

yeah I didn't take the time needed to look through this forum befor I posted sorry.. Where do I post it
Old 02-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #7

Here's a link to Hydroflame furnaces. No matter what it's in. Troubleshooting starts at page 30. Bottle size basically doesn't matter other than capacity ... your regulator controls the output to your rig.
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #8

Pretty much sure not the sail switch or it would not try to ignite, sail closes with proof of airflow. When you say it ignites , can you hear or see gas flame from outside, and can you feel any exhaust from vent? If it is igniting you may have a blocked exhaust vent, if not may have a bad gas valve. Those furnaces use a Bradford White Valve are usually very reliable but occasionally go bad.

Hope it is an easy fix, could you please let us know how you make out, your fix may help someone else on a cold night. Good luck on a fast repair.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #9

I can momentarily feel the faint heat from the exhaust as the unit only stays lite for roughly 2 or 3 sec. I'm hooked to power an 12volt I've pulled the exhaust pipe an blowed compressed air in it to try to clear any debris it worked fine an then it started acting uo the next night
Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #10

Easy E when you replaced the flame sensor did you check to see that it is correctly positioned in the center of the flame. If the sensor is not detecting a flame correctly it will shut down the gas valve after a few seconds.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alabama