Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #1

Old camper new TT

Not new to the scene but new to TT's. Been camping for a very long time. Start in tents then bought a vintage VW Bus then a Fleetwood Niagara Pop-up. Got tired of all the set up involved with the pop-up and wanted more elbow room. Went looking for TT's and fell in love with the Wildwood 26TBSS, well I should say my 9 year old told me we could not buy any other models unless it had bunk beds. Picked it up in Feb and have used it once in March already. Had 4 adults and 2 kids ) too many people for my taste) in it for a long weekend at a baseball tournament. Love it so far, planning on another trip here at the end of the month to really get to enjoy it.

One thing I am trying to grasp is the manufacturer specs on the web site say that the unloaded weight is 5790# and the cargo is 1897#=7687#. heres the problem the yellow sticker inside the door says unloaded is 5910# and cargo 1867#=7777#. Niether of which matters too much as my TV is a 2011 Ram 1500 CC whos max tow rateing is 8800#, But I would like to know which is correct so I don't over do it.

Mike
racecar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Mike!! Hope you enjoy the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecar67 View Post
One thing I am trying to grasp is the manufacturer specs on the web site say that the unloaded weight is 5790# and the cargo is 1897#=7687#. heres the problem the yellow sticker inside the door says unloaded is 5910# and cargo 1867#=7777#. Neither of which matters too much as my TV is a 2011 Ram 1500 CC whos max tow rateing is 8800#, But I would like to know which is correct so I don't over do it.
The yellow sticker is correct. All manufacturers are required by law to weigh any new trailer as it leaves the factory. So, this includes any factory modifications or additions as most of us choose options or additions when ordering new.

This does not mean that is what your trailer weighs now. Your dealer will have undoubtedly included a battery or batteries which will add 60-150lbs and propane which adds weight, too.

The sticker needs to be replaced by the dealer if they add additional modifications that increase the factory weight by a certain percentage or lbs. I've not actually seen this "replacement" sticker but I read about it once.

Sorry for the length, but you asked To summarize, the short answer is the sticker.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Wildwood 26TBSS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote