Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #1

Old Camper person

Would like to start with it's nice that Forest River has such a group. Hoping to talk to many of you over the next couple of years maybe swap some thoughts and have some good company to talk to.

John
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
Would like to start with it's nice that Forest River has such a group. Hoping to talk to many of you over the next couple of years maybe swap some thoughts and have some good company to talk to.

John
I assume you mean the forum as a whole. For the record we are NOT affiliated with Forest River in any way. Just a bunch of guys and gals with Forest River Products who have banded together for good times and to help each other out.

Welcome aboard!
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #3

Sorry didn't understand

Well My name is John And I live in Joppatowne Md. We have just purchased a 2009 Forestriver Forester in Sept. 2011. Were still feeling out you know buying things you think you need but after a couple of trips your just looking to give it away to the thenext camper that you meet. I don't usealy return items I look at as my mistake and if I come across another camper that may need it fine it's there's. No not rich just don't want to be bother fighting someone for a refund. Well hoping to do this full time in late 2013 with retirement. We go away just about every chance we can. Funny my wife and I haven't been alone in the camper for a weekend in a year. It's amazing how many friends and family you didn't know you have till you buy a RV So with out wearing your ears out listening to me I thank you for your invite
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #4

Welcome John, I would like to get to Md. to camp sometime, we are planning a trip north next summer what and where would you suggest we look at ? We are not the boondock type campers anymore, we were for 25 years and just loved it in Oregon on the Rouge River use to go up their every year to fish when we lived in California. Now I like to take it easy. Well anyway stay tuned in, great people here.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #5

Welcome from west central Missouri. There is lot of great knowledge here and awesome Forest River Forum (FRF) friends, so don't hesitate to ask questions and share your experiences.

2017 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 6.7L Cummins 4X4 38k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (10) 2018 (10)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
Well My name is John And I live in Joppatowne Md. We have just purchased a 2009 Forestriver Forester in Sept. 2011. Were still feeling out you know buying things you think you need but after a couple of trips your just looking to give it away to the thenext camper that you meet. I don't usealy return items I look at as my mistake and if I come across another camper that may need it fine it's there's. No not rich just don't want to be bother fighting someone for a refund. Well hoping to do this full time in late 2013 with retirement. We go away just about every chance we can. Funny my wife and I haven't been alone in the camper for a weekend in a year. It's amazing how many friends and family you didn't know you have till you buy a RV So with out wearing your ears out listening to me I thank you for your invite
Interesting, I'm in Bel Air. Have you tried our local campground right here in Harford County? It is pretty good.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #7

When we bought ours we thought about things like extra people, etc. We looked for a trailer that we could enjoy. It has a couch that makes a bed and the table area. We then have OUR queen size bed. So far this year we have had, my son and grandson stay over a night on a fishing trip...he has the boat. We had three of our grandchildren stay over a night, somehow I ended up sleeping in the table area with one of them...or tried too. We put the other two on the couch bed. Just recently we had a granddaughter and grandson stay over one night...and that is about it. The rest of the time is has been the DW, me and the dawg. I have a tendency to go out in the middle of the week at a local campground, DW can drive to work just as easy from there as she does from home. We are somewhat lucky in that we have various campgrounds in a 30 mile radius of home. I am retired, DW works...she is slowly getting close to retirement, when that happens, watch out. Welcome to the forum, lots of good info on here. When you think you know everything, just read some threads and you might find something you don't know. I do it all the time.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Site Team

Hi.

It's common to try and get everything you might need only to find out otherwise. I don't have a problem with returning and actually spend a bit more time in line than I should. Sometimes it is easier to pick up an item, like storage containers, in different sizes to see what would work best for me. I'm a visual person so it easier to try to the item for fit than to guess. Passing on your extra items to other campers is pretty thoughtful.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #10

Welcome to the forums, John. This is such a great resource for information and making friends. We just bought a 2011 Sunseeker and love it. We have been camping for many years and have rarely had a bad experience with camping folks. :-)

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote