Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #1

Old Newbee

I've been a member on the site for a couple of years, but only purchased a travel trailer today! We finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Rockwood 260A and pick her up tomorrow. So excited!

Question is ...... will there be anyplace in the N East with a site we can use for the 4th of July weekend? We are hoping to leave our house Thursday and return home next Tuesday. Anyone have any suggestions for us? Are people allowed to transfer their reservations to other people if they can't use it? New to all this so any info would be great. Thanks!
GoodTimesNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
When No RV, Ford in Tow.

I'm sure there's plenty of places in the NE that are open. We just came from a nice campground (small, but very friendly with a lot within reasonable driving distance) called Lizard Creek. It's just north of Blue Mountain (famous for the Lehigh Tunnel on the PA Turnpike). Owners are very nice, sites are pretty nice. Seasonals are friendly (those that I've met), and as I mentioned there's plenty to do within reasonable driving distance. Congrats on your new rig purchase!
Greenmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:10 PM   #3

Thanks Greenmetal. I will look into that one. I just found that the KOA in Cape May has some openings as well.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
When No RV, Ford in Tow.

There's a bunch of campgrounds in Cape May. We stay at Holly Shores a lot. It is about 1 mile south of the Rt9/Rt 47 intersection on Rt 9. Rt 47 is the main drag into Wildwood. The campground is also very close to Cape May. Great staff, great seasonal peeps too. Also has concrete patios at the sites. We also stayed at Whipoorwill in Marmora (up near Ocean City NJ); it is on Rt 9 just south of the Egg Harbor river bridge. It has easy access to Ocean City, Sea Isle and all of the shores points south. It's a nice campground, but no concrete pads (we set up a mat anyway). If you decide on coming to the Cape May area for the 4th, check out Springer's Ice Cream in Stone Harbor and try "The Blue One" on a crushed Oreo cookie cone - it will knock your socks off! Happy trails!
Greenmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #5

That's awesome info, thank you! This is our first travel trailer and looking at making a lot of trips this summer and fall with our boys. We are looking to pick up accessories this week before our trip as well.