Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Our first Toy Hauler!

Hi. We just got our first Forest River Camper, a 396v 2014 Vengeance Toy Hauler. It's huge! We have had it for a week and are still exploring it. My Dad comes east every year, to visit us in Northern New York State, from California, usually pulling a Casita, but this year he had trouble with a flat tire the day before leaving, couldn't change it, and, feeling his age, (and the Casita's age) drove his truck across country, with no camper in tow. Fortunately, we got our new camper just in time, so they can camp in it, right next to our home. They did say their little Casita could have fit in our toy hauler garage!

So far, we love it, love the room, the garage for our electric assist pedal bikes, and even the dual frigs. Actually one frig is now a pantry. Not enough down low storage. I would have preferred a pantry instead of second frig.

One question the dealer couldn't help me with...
What does solar prep mean? Forest River advertises it as having solar prep package... Anyone know what that entails? The dealer said, oh, there is a little button outside, look around for it. We see nothing... There is a sticker in the bedroom, saying, place charge controller here. But there is nothing on the wall, to show why electric connection, nothing... Am I missing something?

CEDARHAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
Congratulations on the TH and welcome to the forum, can't help you with the solar but I'm sure someone will know.

themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Congrats on your 2014 Vengeance 396v Toy Hauler.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote

toy hauler