Old 04-25-2016, 05:31 PM   #31
You all are amazing! This advice is wonderful. I am watching videos now (love the YouTube tours!) of all the TTs you have suggested.

I have a couple I found using search that I may want to run by you all. Let me look deeper and I'll be back later tonight!

Sarahtakespics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #32
Wheels Down - hahaha! The bunks are for our sons who are a freshman and a 5th grader. Our high schooler is gigantically tall. Only 125 pounds but he's 5'10 and has size 13 shoes.

Sarahtakespics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #33
Another option might be the tracer air 250 (by forest river). It has a dry weight of 4800 pounds including the propane tanks. Gross weight is 6200 pounds. It has a slim slide-out that has the kitchen and a sofa bed in it. Then it has a U shaped dinette, big full size bunks, and a queen up front. The only disadvantage is the cargo weight of just 1100 pounds (which has to account for batteries and water if you will be dry camping). My family of 5 with gear has the trailer at gross weight every time we camp. It tows well behind my f150 due to its low profile and aerodynamic front.

I should also mention that if you are wanting to maximize size and minimize trailer weight, be prepared to shell out more money for it Vs a traditional stick and tin trailer. The aluminum framed fiberglass sided lightweight trailers don't come cheap. I paid 5k more for my trailer than a similar but heavier stick and tin unit.

coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote