Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Smile Pacific Northwest, love my SUNSEEKER

I started RV'ing in 2004. First RV was a Fleetwood Jamboree, 24 feet. It was great for camping, but it drove like a tank!

I kept the Jamboree for one year, and in mid 2005 I went in for an oil change on the Jamboree (REALLY!) and whoops, I came home with a Forest River Sunseeker model 2860. I love my Sunseeker! It had a TV nook in the back bedroom, and it came with upgraded light fixtures to make it look like a "home." That is what sold me on it. I've had a few minor issues with it (mostly due to stupidity on my part) but all were repaired timely.

In fact, I did "full time" in it for 8 months, then went back to "part timing." I'll probably be ready to trade up again in four years, and I will probably stick with Forest River.

I am too chicken to pull a car, so I carry an electric scooter (www.egovehicles.com) and that's what I use for "transportation."

I travel with a cat, who hated going in the RV at first, but now he is used to it. My cat likes the state parks. This means, when we are at state parks, I have to keep the shades open so kitty can look out the window at WHO KNOWS WHAT all freaking night! This means I lose heat through the window! GRRRRRR!!!! Any other RV place, all he does is the 3:00 AM "Guard watch," which means, he wakes up, taps my nose to wake ME up, and then I have to raise the shades so he can "stand guard."

I'm a solo, I love the freedom of just going where I want, when I want!

JJ
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
I've noticed quite a few travellers toting scooters lately; they seem like a great way of getting around. Travelled with father-in-law in a class c with a dolly and car.... talk about stress. Never saw that man nervous til then.

Your cat sounds like a real character.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote