Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #1

Patriot Edition

First of all this is a fantastic forum with seemingly great people. My question is about this Omaha, NE Patriot Edition Grey Wolf. I have been assured by a salesrep that these campers are built no different than the regular Grey Wolfs. However, I have had other dealers tell me different. They claim couches are less comfy, the flooring is different, and that people in the industry call them FEMA trailers. Can anyone give me any insight to this? The price is right on this camper but i dont want to buy a cheaper camper, not local, if it's not the same quality as my local dealer. Thanks in advance for any help.
ksloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloan View Post
First of all this is a fantastic forum with seemingly great people. My question is about this Omaha, NE Patriot Edition Grey Wolf. I have been assured by a salesrep that these campers are built no different than the regular Grey Wolfs. However, I have had other dealers tell me different. They claim couches are less comfy, the flooring is different, and that people in the industry call them FEMA trailers. Can anyone give me any insight to this? The price is right on this camper but i dont want to buy a cheaper camper, not local, if it's not the same quality as my local dealer. Thanks in advance for any help.
Welcome to the forum.

Never heard of the things you speak but hey I've not heard it all.

Good luck.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum! First off, feel free to pm me any questions you may have about the patriots.
Assuming you are looking at a 28BH? We bought a 2012 28bh patriot in July of 2011. It was a great first camper for us. We had no serious issues at all in the year and a half and 80+ nights we used it. The DVD player, and tires were replaced under warranty and AC Nelsen was great to work with on those issues as they shipped me the parts and I took care of the DVD player install. They reimbursed the fees to have my local tire shop install the new tires as well.

As to the quality of the patriot line. Like you'll read on this, and many other forums, all new campers seem you have quarks that need worked out. Our bh had none that I recall. The couch is cheap, Dinette cushions too, but that's just the price range of the grey wolf series, not just three patriots. The AC would freeze us out if we wanted it to, and it heated well too, though its nit a winter camper as tanks and plumbing are exposed. AC Nelsen has the patriot logo added as they sell several hundred 28bh's each year.
Check out Cheyenne camping center of Walcott Iowa as they carry Grey Wolfs too and have great prices. I didn't but from them, but will look there next time. Sorry for the long post.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote