Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJfromfL View Post
This response is in regards to a post by Caleb. Do you think it right that I was told twice over the phone by RVW the day I left Florida that the trailer was "ready". Do you think it was right that RVW lied to me in the fact the trailer was not even onsite when they told me it was ready. Sorry but I can not follow your logic. Do you work for RVW
So what you're saying is that you decided to do business with a dishonest dealer that's 1200 miles away??? Again, if you had done business with a local dealer, even if they had lied to you and told you your unit was ready, you'd be out an hour or two and very little $$$, not days and lots of $$$. My point is simply this, you made the decision to do business with a dealer that's very far a way so you could save a few bucks...now that you're going to have to make the trip twice, how much are you really saving. Be sure to add in your time and stress of having to deal with a dishonest dealer. Your situation is unfortunate, but it was 100% your choice to make on which dealer to buy through. Yeah I work for RVW, that's why I'm telling you it was a dumb idea to buy through them. I'm in Utah, I have no clue where RVW is located but I know it's not Utah.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #42

I bought my trailer from a dealer 75 miles from me.
Had I been told that my unit was ready for pick up and I show up to face the problems TJ did and left empty handed, I would expect compensation for my wasted trip (their fault) at a minimum of the value of my waged gas which at the time my tow rig got 12 mpg empty. Luckily, I had zero issues and my dealer had obviously went over the trailer with a fine tooth comb to make sure of it.
It is their fault and he he should be compensated and made whole. Kind of like if you hit another car, you or your insurance company is responsible for the damage. If it is a new lexus, are you going to tell them too bad, they should have been driving a 84 corolla and you will not cover damages because they chose to drive an expensive car?

edman87k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #43
Site Team - Lou

OK folks, can we agree to disagree here in a civil way?
We want everyone to come back and visit.

MANY folks have had good experiences at RVW and RV Direct; just as many have had at local dealers (may the sun shine forever at the one or two good ones out there).

If you want horror stories at local dealers, they abound. Most of us have little choice since we would need to travel hundreds of miles to find a better one so we become our own RV technicians out of a sense of survival.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
OK folks, can we agree to disagree here in a civil way?
We want everyone to come back and visit.

MANY folks have had good experiences at RVW and RV Direct; just as many have had at local dealers (may the sun shine forever at the one or two good ones out there).

If you want horror stories at local dealers, they abound. Most of us have little choice since we would need to travel hundreds of miles to find a better one so we become our own RV technicians out of a sense of survival.
Thanks Herk7769 for saying it well. Emptypockets

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #45

TJ Check your messages

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
http://www.algarvevillaforrent.com
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #46

Many people asked that I give updates to this issue. Here's where we are at now. As of Monday (2 days ago) the owner of RVW expressed a willingness to correct the situation. I was told either the owner or the warranty manager would give me a follow up call later in the day (Monday). It is now Wednesday and I have not heard a peep. I now have calls into Forest River, waiting on return calls from them. So no progress at this point and anger is finally setting in.

TJ, Paula, and Mickey the wonder dog
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crew Cab
TJfromfL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Wow - that is a really newbie service mistake - RVW promising a call back and NOT do it. And on top of the other screw-ups. I'd also be angry.

Best of luck to you. What does your contract say about canceling the order?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #48

TJ,
Thanks for keeping us updated. Hopefully something will be worked out here. Don't let this get the best of you. I'm sure they are scrambling to try and figure this out. Sadly its a very simple deal....just ask YOU what will be satisfactory. Trying to find blame, and make excuses just doesn;t work. Loss as well as profit is just part of doing business.
Been there ...done that. My last business mistake cost me 6K. I'm licking my wounds now, but would never try and pass the buck to my customer on my mistake.

Keep the faith!
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #49

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Well said Lou !! (Herk7769) X3 --- We purchased from RVW and would do it again in a second !! Have had several friends we sent to RVW and all have been very,very Happy ! Buy the way we drove 800+ miles (one-way) to pick our TT up !! Hopefully they will make things right !! If they arent calling you.....pick up the phone and call them. Thats better than sitting at home getting more and more upset waiting for a call !! Call Them NOW !!

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #50

I agree with BigRed - get on the phone and call them until you get some satisfaction. I know I wouldn't have been as patient as you have been; I'd have been on the phone first thing Tuesday morning after not hearing from them on Monday. And If I didn't get any satisfaction on Tuesday morning, I'd continue to call HOURLY until someone IN AUTHORITY spoke with me. By the 2nd or 3rd phone call with the word "lawyer" involved, they'd get the message and return my phone call. You know what they say about the "squeaky wheel gets the grease....."

I hope you'll keep us posted regarding the continuing saga. If nothing else, it will help to educate future buyers of what to be on the lookout for when they purchase a unit from out of state. And please don't take everyone's comments to heart; I know most of us are pulling for you to prevail in your fight.