Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #61

: (

Any help here ?

www.normantaylor.com

Mac

08 340 TS Georgetown SE
07 GL18007
www.centexpgr.org
mac wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJfromfL View Post
No, nothing has been resolved as of yet. RVW keeps saying they are going to make it right, but at this point no new trailer is on order. RVW has promised a contract to me that will be acceptable by next Tuesday, but they also promised me one last Saturday and last Monday, so we will see.
TJ it takes 2 minutes for them to send you a new contract. They sent me contracts in quick succession when they were getting me to sign up and they had missed things out.

Something is wrong for sure. As I said to you in my PM RVW are okay until something goes slightly wrong then they do not have the ability or desire to cope with it even worse when they have to dip in their pocket

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #63

After 18 days, we are now being told there was an outsourced delivery company involved w/the original hole in the roof at arrival (was told different 14 days ago) hence enter insurance companies, hence things go slowly, or so I'm told by RVW. RVW has offered to build us a slightly more equipped trailer but getting it to Florida is still an issue, even though I offered to waive all expenses if they would just deliver the #$^# thing. They still say they intend to make me happy (ie delivered), but nothing in writing. This sure is an exercise of patience and anger mgt.

TJ, Paula, and Mickey the wonder dog
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crew Cab
TJfromfL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #64

Any updates TJ? Check your sales agreement with them; is there a clause in there regarding failure to deliver? You must be a very patient man; I would have been on the phone to a lawyer before RVW could say the word "litigation." I know you probably saved a bundle by going through RVW (well, you really haven't saved anything yet, have you?), but if I were you, I'd consider biting the bullet and going to a local dealer with my tail between my legs and my contract from RVW in hand and try to work out a deal. You've already spent $900 and don't have a camper. How much more money are you going to spend, in addition to the cost of the camper, before you get a camper in your driveway? I really feel for you....I would be absolutely SICK to my stomach to have to go through what you're going through.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #65

Here is the last chapter to the saga. RVW is unwilling to take ANY blame for anything. Dave Durnell the owner, never apologized to me, or even acknowledged responsibility for the mistake made of telling me the trailer was ready before leaving Florida. RVW is unwilling to shoulder ANY of the costs of delivering a trailer to me. I guess I should have been more cautious, I had read many posts on the internet warning of possible issues w/ RVW if problems do occur. This was to be my first trailer purchase, worked and waited years until I could afford to pay cash as I am still a working stiff, and now this. So much for trying to save a buck...it will cost me substancially ($1500.00 plus) in the end. I will receive no reimburesment of expenses, and it will probably take another year before I can attempt another purchase. And yes Trudinator WE ARE SICK TO OUR STOMACHES. The only good thing is I will get my deposit back. RVW simply refuses to do the right thing under the umbrella of profit . I thank you all for your support and advise. Caveat Emptor

Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #66

Geez, I take delivery of my trailer from RVW tomorow. I hope everything goes well. I wish I would have read this before I chose to purchase from them.

2001 Chevy Suburban 2500 LT
JohnnyinAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #67
Wanna Be Camper

WOW TJ, I feel for ya. Guess what they say is true "Not all the thieves are in jail" , obvioulsy there are a number of them at RVW.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #68

That's terrible. If they are going to treat customers in this manner, then I hope that enough people reading this post will decide NOT to buy from them. At least enough that they will lose more money in lost sells than if they would have just made things right for you, build a new comparable trailer and deliver it to you. Maybe a few extra bells and whistles for your inconvience.

I hope the best for you. Hang in there, you will get the trailer you want someday and all this will be nothing but campfire conversation.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #69

RVW need to get what they deserve, they need to be brought to account they are bullies, I just hope they get their deserts sooner than later.

TJ you know what I am going through with RVW, I have now made a formal complaint and a compensation claim through the Better Business Bureau, BBB of Ohio I would suggest you do the same it is a very simple thing to do and costs nothing. Here is a link to BBB Ohio to get you started.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

I would also contact RV Direct (RV Wholsalers main competitor) tell them the story and see what they will do for you!

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #70

Curious TJfromFL., why not Lazy Days. I have used them twice and after some haggling, they really came through in the end. They comp'd us the first night at their campground...well after needing help with the towing setup and no one available, they comp'd us 5 nights (weekend) until someone was ready to help and we asked for an addition 2 nights.

They fixed everything and have always been pretty honest when dealing with them. Both times I ended up with talking with 1 of the owners to complete the deal, but am really happy in the end.

What if you took your quote, minus your expenses and presented it to LD's? Couldn't hurt and they are a FR dealer.

Good luck, if you need more info from me, please feel free to ask, I kept this story short, but had to go all the way to the highest tier of customer service on the first RV that had issues WAYYYYY passed the 30 day warranty and they fixed it, no charge and then some.
g0tr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #71

I had not heard of Lazy Days until this post and I just checked them out on the net. Might be making a drive tomorrow, thanks for the heads up. We have a new rule, no camper will be purchased more than 90 miles from home

Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #72

I worked with Ron Hendrickson, tell'm David that bought the Green GMC and Surveyor Travel Trailer over Easter sent you. He's a good guy, works WAY passed the business hours and NEVER rushed us once. He gave me his cell # to call him after hours and also stays at the same campground. IMO he went above and beyond my expectations.

Plus you get free breakfast and lunch at their cafeteria. I was VERY impressed with the layout. The ride on the golf carts across their acres of RV's is pretty fun too. Even our 3 kids were excited to go

The one thing I like is they give you a free night after you pick it up to for the walk through, they show you how to hook it up, little tricks about camping and then will repair ANY issues you find while there overnight. The swimming pool and built in Class A RV/Restaurant is very nice too! I was just very pleased.

Good luck!

David
g0tr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #73

Anyone know of any Rockwood dealers in Florida other than Tropical RV??

Old 06-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #74

Quote:
I bought my Trailer from Tropical RV - I would buy from them again and Highly recommend them

You can go to www.forestriverinc.com - Bottom Left is Dealer Locator and click accept terms and then put your zip and the type of trailer you are looking for.
I think there is one in Inverness.

I do know there is one in Orlando off of Fairbanks - I think they are called Orlando RV - I was told they were not a rockwood dealer and I saw there name on the list - now I do not see there name on the list - I was also told they sell them out of there new york office and deliver them here.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJfromfL
I bough mine there and a friend just got one today. Highly recommended. Call and ask for Jim. Tell him Angel recommended you call him. I think you'll be real pleased.
Rockwoodmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJfromfL
Do you ask because you don't want to shop at TRV or because you are looking for a dealer that is closer to home? If the latter, then it may be worth the extra drive. TRV has gotten excellent reviews from everyone in the forum that has dealt with/bought from them including us. I have made two purchases from them and have had service done as well and I'm extremely satisfied with them. As mentioned in earlier posts you can ask for Jim or Dane.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #77

One last post in regards to RVW. I was sent an email this weekend from the other owner (Mike Durnell) saying they have an offline date for a new trailer for me. I never signed a contract for another trailer and I replied as such. I told them that after not making anything right to me, I had no intention of doing further business w/ RVW. There response again did not include any apologies, simply, we will just sell it to someone else. Thier arrogance should not be dismissed.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #78

I'd sue the sob's.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #79

Quote:
One last post in regards to RVW. I was sent an email this weekend from the other owner (Mike Durnell) saying they have an offline date for a new trailer for me. I never signed a contract for another trailer and I replied as such. I told them that after not making anything right to me, I had no intention of doing further business w/ RVW. There response again did not include any apologies, simply, we will just sell it to someone else. Thier arrogance should not be dismissed.
It's too bad that companies with customer service such as this are allowed to do business. It's also too bad that FR doesn't do anything about it because it hurts their brand too.

Hopefully you can find a reputable dealership to get a trailer from...you're missing out on the best camping.
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote