Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Picking up my first fifth wheel tomorrow.

Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Steve and have been in the camping world for 12 years now, I started out with a 2002 Springdale TT and while it's been a good faithful friend it's time to move on.

In the morning I'm trading the Springdale in on a Sierra 346RETS fifth wheel, we did the orientation today and tomorrow they're installing my hitch. Rather not say what I'm pulling with if that's OK.

Anyhow I've looked around here a good bit over the last week and looks like it's a good crowd here, thanks for having me!
__________________

__________________
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Steve and have been in the camping world for 12 years now, I started out with a 2002 Springdale TT and while it's been a good faithful friend it's time to move on.

In the morning I'm trading the Springdale in on a Sierra 346RETS fifth wheel, we did the orientation today and tomorrow they're installing my hitch. Rather not say what I'm pulling with if that's OK.

Anyhow I've looked around here a good bit over the last week and looks like it's a good crowd here, thanks for having me!
Congrats on your purchase!
Good luck n have fun!

TURBS

Goshen is my playground.
The last man standing also has a sharpie
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Sierra 346RETS!
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,201
to the Forest River Forum and congrats on your purchase.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,317
Congrats on your purchase. You won't regret going to a 5th wheel, just hope your secret vehicle isn't a half ton
__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Firefighter969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stevensville, MD
Posts: 180
Congrats on the 5th wheel. I Got one last year and I love it nice to pull.
__________________
2000 F250 Superduty CC LB 7.3 4x4
2013 344QB Wildcat
Nights camped 2014 ( 15)
Nights Camped 2015 ( 4 )
Firefighter969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
avolnek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 630
Beautiful camper!

But you know, secretes don't make friends and friends don't make secrets!

Where are you located? Maybe we will run into you!?
__________________

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown
 
CMSgt (Ret) Charlie Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 253
Welcome from us in NE Georgia. We also moved from TT to 5ver last year. Bought a 330 MKS by Prime Time. Love it. You will love the 5ver.
__________________
CMSgt (Ret) Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. You won't regret going to a 5th wheel, just hope your secret vehicle isn't a half ton
Haha, not a half ton but loaded for bear I estimate I'll be about 500lbs over my max GCVWR. I don't want a ticket from the weight police, not until I drive it across the scale this afternoon at least. Luckily there's a truck scale a few miles from my house.

Empty I'm golden though.

Did forget to mention, I'm in Georgia, about 45 miles south of Atlanta.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm on my way to get it in about an hour!
__________________
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Haha, not a half ton but loaded for bear I estimate I'll be about 500lbs over my max GCVWR. I don't want a ticket from the weight police, not until I drive it across the scale this afternoon at least. Luckily there's a truck scale a few miles from my house.

Empty I'm golden though.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm on my way to get it in about an hour!
good that you are going to weight it so you know exactly where you stand, but only accurate measurement will be loaded as if you were going camping, family and all. Stay safe.
__________________

__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.