Old 06-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Picking up Surveyor SP-260 tomorrow

After 5 years with a '96 Jayco Eagle 8 popup that has served us well, we decided we needed more room and it was time to take the plunge and get a full-size trailer.

After reading about all the issues that folks have had with their new rigs I'm a bit nervous, but our dealer has been great to work with so far so I'm hoping he'll be able to help out if anything comes up. DW wasn't a big fan of the upholstery color of the trailer we walked through on the lot two weeks ago, but the dealer was able to put our names on one that was on the assembly line down the valley in Dallas, Ore., that we were able to customize with a few extras that weren't on the lot like the Arctic Pac.

I've been lurking for a bit trying to soak up as much info as possible, so hopefully the checklist will go fine tomorrow and we'll be in business.

quackor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
Site Team
Buying a new trailer was like buying a new car for me - one or two small things that was taken care of but nothing serious. It's sad that there are some here who are unhappy with their new rigs for valid reasons. I can only image how hard it must be for anyone in that situtation.

As for you - enjoy taking delivery of your new toy! There will be lots of good times to come. Feel free to post pictures.

Take care,

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new camper.

2007 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280SS
2011 Silverado 2500HD/ Duramax 6.6/ Allison
smilin joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Thanks for the notes. The walk-through went really smooth. We got some pleasant surprises like a Jensen AWM970 instead of the Concertone system that was in last years model and finding out that the Arctic Package on the Surveyor Sport models does include tank heaters despite the fact that the brochure said it wasn't available.

The tech that helped us out said they've seen really good quality coming from the Dallas, Ore. factory. He thought it might have something to do with Oregonians knowing how it rains here and building a product to stand up to it.

I'll try and get some pictures taken and loaded up tomorrow.
2012 Chevy Suburban 1500
2012 Surveyor SP-260
quackor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Congrats! I look forward to pics!
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
2007 Toyota Tundra
2012 Surveyor SV-305
cupprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new camper! Looking forward to pics.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (12 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote