Old 10-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Potential 2014 Shamrock 25rs Owner

Hello everyone! My husband and I are looking into purchasing the 2014 Shamrock 25rs and I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this unit. Our local CW has one used and I went to look at it Tuesday and fell in love with it. We are going back in the morning so that my husband can look at it. I have a strong feeling that we will be working out a deal with them on it. We went looking at all of the dealerships in Concord, NC today and I didn't find a single one that I liked as good as the Shamrock. We are a family of three and our TV is a 2009 F150 4x4 so we don't want anything too long or heavy. The shamrock fits the bill perfectly. We are currently using my grandparent's 2002 Keystone Springdale but it doesn't have any bunks so it's aggravating having to make up the couch for our three year old each time we go. It is time for our own camper!

JoyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
Sorry, no experience with this model but welcome to the forum from Ontario.

2009 F150 XLT crewcab 5.4L and 3.73
2010 Flagstaff 27 BHSS
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Yes welcome to the forum. There are a bunch of knowledgeable folks here to answer your question. Good luck Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
I am not familiar with this model, I have the 2014 Shamrock 183 with three bunk fold outs. As with any used trailer, pay particular attention to hidden water damage... climb on the roof and feel for soft spots and look closely at the roof sealing for signs of loose or missing Dicor sealant. Also check every inch of floor for soft spots or discoloration due to water damage.

Look closely at the tires for cracks, bulges and irregularities of the sidewalls. Even if the tread looks good be prepared to change them out soon. Check the size and load range of the tires. Look for the weight ratings of the trailer which are usually displayed on the trailer. Do some calculations and make sure you have a good safety margin of load weight rating of the TT tires Vs the posted weight ratings of the stickers. Many new owners go up a load range (ie from a C to a D range) when purchasing their TT. Check the # of air in the tires before traveling home.

Make sure the slides go in and out smoothly... test and retest all functions of the trailer before signing on the dotted line and parting with your money. Light the stove, the furnace use the AC... don't take anything for granted that it should work. Test the brakes after you hook up.

Good luck and happy camping... hopefully all will go well.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant
You might do a search for Roo 25RS.
The Rockwood Roo is the twin of the Flagstaff Shamrock and there are wwaaayyy more Roos sold, than Shamrocks.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
Thanks everyone! Tomorrow we will be the proud new owners of the 2014 Shamrock 25rs. We are so excited and can't wait break it in. We go for our final inspection and walk through tomorrow at 2:00.
JoyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #7
Engineer of Crazy Train
You may have one of the last rear slide units produced by FR.

TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, 25rs, shamrock