Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

Smile Proud New Owners of First Pop Up Camper

Hello everyone! I am excited to be a part of the forum group. I have been a tent camper most of my life, but recently purchased my first pop up camper. It is a 1997 Forest River Rockwood Premier, 12' camper and I LOVE it! My wife and I stopped tent camping for a while since the kids came along. However, they are now old enough to enjoy camping and we are very excited about that!
We recently took our pop up to a local campsite close to home (Cedars of Lebanon State Park) in Lebanon, TN for an overnight trip to get used to the camper before embarking on a longer journey to Myrtle Beach, SC.
We spent a week out there at the KOA, and had a wonderful experience. The beach was great, but the most enjoyable to me was the time around the campsite with my wife and kids. That's what camping is all about, and I look forward to many other outings with our camper!

May God richly bless each of you!

Tim
tmeador28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #2

Tim
Congrats and welcome to the world of refined camping. Eight years ago we started our journey in a pop-up. After two seasons of fun, including Disneyworld' we moved into a c-class motorhome, then a gas a-class, and now a diesel coach. The kids have loved it all but, most importantly, my wife loves it. Traveling and camping are great way to share your life with your family. I wish you the best of times and many great stories to tell.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi Tim,

aboard! You are right about time with family being special. In case no one warned you but RVing can be habit forming.

Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #4

Welcome to the group and congrats on your PUP. Noticed you camped at Cedars of Lebanon State Park on your overnight trip. We camp there whenever we can. We are usually in #2 or #1 if we can find a good spot can't park in #3 because of the power restriction. We have camped recently at Cedar Creek near Mt. Juliet and Bledsoe Creek State Park. Enjoy......oh...we used to have a Palomino Pony 2100 PUP. We traded it back in January. I sold some of my PUP stuff to a fellow camper this past week who had a 2008 Palomino PUP.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #5

Welcome, Tim! I am new to the site (and camping in general) and have found some wonderful people, great stories, and fabulous tips! I think you'll like it here!!!
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the pop up camper. I liked your comment about the memories. A lot of great memories can be made while camping.
wv campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #7

The fun is just beginning for you... You are in the Matrix now. Tent-Popup-Travel Trailer-5th wheel is the general progression of the sickness. Symptoms include, a restless feeling at work as the weekend approaches, a craving for hot dogs and burgers, maybe the occasional stew, and oddly enough, melted clocolate and marshmallow, all cooked over a wood fire. A lighter wallet, and depleted savings, along with the spontaneous download of a KOA app on your smart phone happens sometime during the disease.The smell of smoke, and the support of a folding chair have been said to help comfort the afflicted. Some people never get better though, and are referred to as "full timers". It's a horrible affliction, but we make the best of it here. Support is only a keyboard or FRF app away.