Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Recommended Travel Trailer Covers Brands/Types?

Hi All,

We recently purchased a 2005 Wildwood Travel Trailer (23 ft.). We want to protect it from the elements but are unsure of the best type/brand of soft cover to purchase. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

thank you!!!!

mrsmikeyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new myself, just a few months. I asked the same question about my trailmaster travel trailer. Everyone came back with a resounding NO! Don't cover it. It seems that covers inhibit air circulation and the problems associated with it. Seems that a good coat of quality wax and UV protectent is better. I traded the TT for a Georgetown motor home and have no plans to cover it.

oldprof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
And yet, the guy who just redid all the decals on the south side of my 6 year old fiver says just the opposite. Makes one wonder????
After the expense of new decals and the fading issues I have now, mine is getting a new cover this fall.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Sure is nice to take the cover off in the spring and not have to wash it or get tree limbs, pinecones and other stuff off of it!
And I do believe the decals last longer when they are covered.
They make three different types as far as fabric, depending on where you live.
Be very careful getting on and off the camper when putting it on and taking it off.
I simply take it up there, lay it out on the centerline, then move the edges to the side.
I got an eight foot pole at Lowes or Home Depot, just wood and use it from the ground to move the cover around.
Go for the cover.
2006 Flagstaff 831RLSS Travel Trailer

2007 Chevy 2500HD 'Classic' with the Duramax engine.

Converting a 1956 GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser, ex Greyhound into a motor home.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
Thank you to all who responded. My husband just had it detailed and ordered a cover online.

Happy camping!!
mrsmikeyv is offline   Reply With Quote