(relatively) new guy from N W Suburb of Chicago
Hello fellow travelers. I'm Denny B, and I am amazed with all of the useful information I am getting from everyone on the FROG.
We have upgraded from a Dutchman Kodiak Hybrid, That we loved, to a 2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2304KS. That we love even more.
As a retired carpenter, I had made several mods to the hybrid, and have done even more to the new tt.
1) Inexpensive back up camera.
2) Longer, and better made, drawers, replacing the blank panel next to the stove top with a 10"deep drawer.
3) Shelves over the window valences, in the cherry, to match the cabinets. (especially useful in the bathroom for a box of Kleenex)
4) A greatly improved medicine cabinet (existing 18"wX24"hX3 1/2d... New 22 3/8wX30"hX6"d with 3 adjustable shelves 3 lbs lighter than original because ITS NOT PARTICLE BOARD)
5) A pair of magazine racks, also cherry stained to match the cabinets, mounted to the wall on either side of the window at the dinette. The wife informed me that I will have to raise them a bit, and also make one for the bathroom.
6) A (collapsible) cherry shelf to fill the void between the back of the couch and the Murphy bed.
I need to design a similar (folding/collapsible) shelf to fill the void between the bed and the front wall of the tt
I would love to know of, and plagiarize, any other mods other Rockwood 2304 owners have done to their tt
Of course, if anyone would like info on my mods I would be happy to share.