Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 09:12 PM   #1

Smile Retired and loving it!

Wife and I just bought a used 2016 Rockwood 2604WS. We are pumped and looking forward to seeing some country. We have lots of questions and I am sure we will make a few "miscalculations" on the road. BUT let the adventure begin!!!

John and Bev J
2012 F-150 5.0L, 7100#, Tow
Rockwood 2604WS
fluidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #2

Hello! Hoping you have a great first adventure! We're new to this trailer thing too. And love it! Nice to have some fun after retiring. A little bit of work to it, but well worth it.

Janet and Les
brokahontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:39 PM   #3

We are headed to a local state park this week for a shack down cruise. Going to work on the routine of trailer camping. Updates to follow.

Yes you may be able to tell by my vernacular , I am US Navy Retired.

John & Bev J
2012 F-150 5.0L, 7100# Tow
2016 Rockwood 2604WS
fluidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:46 PM   #4

Retired Navy? Fantastic! Thank you for your service! My husband is a retired Ironworker. Best of luck for your first trip! The routine takes a bit of time for us. Should go much faster next season. Overpacked in just about every aspect of day to day living. Will travel much lighter next year. But the sunsets on the lake are so beautiful... can't wait till next year!

Janet and Les
brokahontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:49 PM   #5

Enjoy

We purchased a new 2604ws this past spring and really enjoy the trailer. Have fun getting it ready to go camping. I find a lot of enjoyment tinkering with stuff on the trailer and finding new/better ways of doing things. This forum is full of good ideas and some good sharing on things not to do.

Our most recent change was to ditch the two swivel rockers and install a new Lazy boy recliner. DW likes setting on the couch......... I really like the recliner...

One word of advice, be careful with the black water dump hose (stinky slinky), that dang thing will create some not so fond memories. Nothing like flying poo in the morning to start your day off....... A beautiful morning at the KOA CG in Raton NM after a night at a site with no sewer connection, that is how the story started and it went to crap after that..... literally and figuratively......

Good luck and enjoy retirement. I am 7 years away and counting.
Lazyboy Recliner replaced Back two chairs.....
J-N-D Wtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:37 AM   #6

Travel safe. Best advice is take your time and enjoy your travels.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire