Old 07-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
I think if raising the roof by lifting the left side is too difficult, try starting the process by lifting the right side. After most of the weight is off the left panel, finish the process using the now lighter left side.

toleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
(Sorry for resurrecting a slightly dated thread)

@Laura June: I pulled my new A126 home with my 2 Door 2011 Sahara. The 2 door is rated for 2000 lbs tow, 200lbs tongue. I was a bit worried about the extra tongue weight but it towed great home (about an hour home on highways, avoided interstates with the already underpowered Jeep).

With an Unlimited 4 Door you will be fine, it's rated at 3500 lbs tow and 350 lbs tongue weight.

Be aware - from my best measurements with a scale at home, a dry A126 with full propane tanks, battery, empty water tank, full water tank on the cassette toilet has a tongue weight right around 300 to 310 lbs.

Since I have a much lower tongue weight rating than that (200lbs) I'll be loading everything behind the axles and leaving the potable water and toilet water reservoir empty when towing. I'm also considering towing with the LP tanks stored inside behind the axle to reduce the tongue weight. Full LP tanks weigh in around 80 lbs.

Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote