Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #1

Rockwood on order

Hello All!

Just ordered a Rockwood 2504s 2 weeks ago from RVW. Hope to have in 4weeks. Have been looking at campers for years and fell in love with the Rockwood. I have been looking around on here for a few months and wanted to say Hi. Not a whole lot of information on that model, I belive it is newer. Any one have any suggestions on what to look for and check when I recieve the unit?

Thanks,
Chris
Shawnee, KS
firecapt61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on ordering your Rockwood 2504s. Look under the library tab above for a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) checklist.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #3

Welcome from Alabama, I did check out your Rockwood 2504s looks like a nice floor plan, happy camping

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
TigerPride

Welcome from louisiana. I'm sure you will love it as much as DW and I do ours. Not sure but if you have torsion axels get a service tech to check the axel bolts 6 out of 8 were hand tight at best. There is a thread on here where people went the extra step and added extra bolts. Other wise enjoy and happy camping!!!

P.S. Torque to 47ft/lbs as per specs
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #5

Cajunrvr, I believe it will have the torsion axels. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
TigerPride

Your welcome wish y'all the best of luck and happy trails
cajunrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #7

Welcome from central Fl! Enjoy it!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #8

congrats and enjoy! Just recieved our rockwood 3008w may 15th. Was told by salesman it would be in by april 1, frustrating but worth it. Love ours and came in as a 2015 and the only difference we have found is larger tv.
mikejeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #9

Mikejeanne1, how long did it actually take from order to getting it? I was given a completion date but have a suspicion that won't happen. I'm trying to plan a trip and don't want to cut it to close if it doesn't arrive when it's supposed to.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #10

Looks like you live in KS, I would go get it myself at the factory and do your PDI there so they can fix anything and you wouldn't have to wait for your dealer to get parts...... and also ..... to our Rockwood family

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #11

Gljurczyk, thanks for the info! I didn't realize going tonthe factory was option to pick up. Does the dealer allow that?

Old 05-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt61 View Post
Gljurczyk, thanks for the info! I didn't realize going tonthe factory was option to pick up. Does the dealer allow that?

Sure then they don't have to pay for transport. Just tell them that you will pick it up at the factory.....You will have to pay first but make sure they don't add delv. charge to your bill.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #13

firecap we ordered feb. 28 was told by dealer he had 2 on order and if we hurry he could change his order to what we wanted. he said if we hurried it would be in first of april we recieved may 15. I know the factory was shut down because of weather 2 times. I hear it normally takes 10 to 12 weeks to order and that is where we feel. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.
mikejeanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejeanne1 View Post
firecap we ordered feb. 28 was told by dealer he had 2 on order and if we hurry he could change his order to what we wanted. he said if we hurried it would be in first of april we recieved may 15. I know the factory was shut down because of weather 2 times. I hear it normally takes 10 to 12 weeks to order and that is where we feel. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.
Oh boy, I was told it would be 6 weeks. Its almost been 3 weeks since ordered and haven't heard anything after several request as to a finish date. I'm just planning on it being 10 weeks before I see it.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #15

Hey firecapt61, did you receive your 2504s yet? My calculations you are at about 8 weeks from order date, 2 weeks pass the 6 weeks date RVW told you. I only ask because like you I just ordered a 2504s from RVW and they also told me 6 weeks also. Did RVW keep you in the loop regarding the progress of the build?
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #16

Hey chrisPlus3, I did receive my camper on the 22nd of June. I ordered on May tye 2nd. It arrived on at the dealer a few days before I got there to pick it. So, l believe it was about 6 weeks. They didn't really keep me in the loop, but from what I understand they really don't have any information to pass on. I had requested a VIN number when I ordered. I didn't get that info until I asked several times and it was given to me about two weeks before it was finished.

Are you going to pick it up from RVW?
Old 07-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #17

Thanks for the information. No I'm not picking it up I'm having it delivered. We are obviously very excited and it cant come soon enough. Like you we fell in love with the layout and the overall quality of the 2504s and Rockwood in general (we previously owned a Roo; however, the hybrid wasn't a good fit for us and we sold). Have you taken it out yet? How do you and your family like it? We actually never even toured the 2504s, just watched youtube videos and many photos. Although, we have toured many other Minilite trailers and a very familiar the design and product. We were previously interested in the 2306 till we saw the new 2504s and had to get it. The U shape dinette and slide was what was missing in the 2306 for us and thanks to the new model design for addressing that for us .
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #18

We were going to have ours delivered, but changed my mind a week before and decided to go get it and make an adventure out of it. Not to mention the savings on the delivery fee. It was a 12 hour drive to Ohio from KC. My wife stayed behind and I took my two boys (9&11) and camped our way home two nights. I really wanted to go get it and make sure it was the way we ordered It. Luckily I grew up camping and had a camper years ago, the walk through was a little fast. We love the floor plan it seems very roomy even for a family of 5. It has a ton of storage! I had not seen that floor plan other than on Youtube myself. There was not a dealer in Kc that even carries that line. I stumbled across the Rockwood on ebay and started looking at the different floor plans on the net. It was a bit risky ordering one with never having physically stepping foot in one. I knew about RVW from years back when I almost ordered a 5th wheel and then the economy tanked, so I didn't do anything. The slide with the dinette is really nice. I really like the Murphy bed as well! My last trailer was 32' and this one has just as much room with the Murphy bed up. Other than the two nights in it with my boys, we haven't been back out yet. Plan to take it out this coming weekend with the whole family. Still working on figuring everything out, but don't hesitate to ask any questions. A couple folks on here were very helpful while I was waiting. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #19

We ordered a 2015 2703ws on June 09. Got a call from Tamprv that we can expect delivery no later than the first week of August. Can't wait...
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #20

Congratulations Joe! We just got back from spending the weekend in ours. Everything is working great. The only thing that I'm still trying to figure out is the fridge operation. It either isn't cooling well enough or I'm not setting right to stay on when disconnected from power.

Tags
rockwood