Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #1

RV Virgins take delivery

Well we arrived in the rain and with 2 of our five kids. The two 2 year olds. We saw our trailer on the lot. The finance lady was with another customer so the salesman took us out and started to show us the unit. The outside was as we expected. When we went inside there was no u-shaped dinette. Did I mention it was raining? Well the salesman did all he could do to salvage the sale but we were firm. No u-shaped dinette, no deal. As I was steaming the salesman suggest we look at other units. Well as we were walking around guess what? It was still raining and we saw our trailer. I asked about it and the salesman said oh that one is sold. I told him yeah right to us. So he called someone and checked something on the computer and told us the trailer was available. They prepped the wrong trailer for delivery. So they sent us out while they supposedly prepped our trailer and cleaned it. Well they never cleaned it. Everyone except the salesman (who was a fill-in because ours was at training) was more concerned with getting off at five then making this right. Still raining! Anyway he stayed and got us hooked up to stay over night. Nothing major discovered. Next day with my coffee I decided I'd check the hand full of keys they gave me. WRONG! Wrong keys. So I summoned the salesman down there and he checked the keys and they were still wrong. So off he goes returning with a screw driver and an explanation. He gave the keys to the service manager who gave the keys to his brother who gave them back to the salesman who gave them to me. Now somewhere in that exchange they lost the keys. Can you believe they asked me if I had another set of keys?! So the screw driver was to remove the locks and get the key code and off the salesman went. Well he returned with someone from parts/service who took the lock off again only to say no that code doesn't mean anything. Off they go. Here comes a mechanic with new locks. They gave up on finding the keys and just switched the locks out. Oh and as far as it being dirty, they cleaned the carpets. So all in all they did everything they could to make it right and we left happy. Shaking our heads but happy.
The ride home was uneventful. I have never towed anything that big so I was white knuckled just about the whole way. Next trip hopefully in October. Wife and I will be searching the forums for what gear to take.
jdandrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #2

Well at least everything turned out OK even in the rain. Not too sure about your dealer though. Didn't appear the left hand knew what the right hand was doing. At least they made things right in the end and you made it home safely with your new baby.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

What model did you buy & welcome to FRF.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
camping

Welcome to the forum. how far was the dealer from your home? I would check them out before going back for warranty work.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #5

Flagstaff 30 WTBS revrnd
Old 09-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #6

Tentcamper the dealer was 3 hours away. We hope all the confusion was just a fluke. The service department was very busy while we were there. idk we will have to see.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #7

good luck with service from the dealer........ what a Joke LMAO

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Wanna Be Camper

Congrats on the new trailer, well at least you got the right one and they did finally get it right. Nice to see another member added to the V-Lite club.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #9

Congrats on your new trailer.

Let us know how your first trip goes.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #10

The rain key

It makes a person wonder how some of these dealers make a profit. I guess commission on a TT must be enough to buffer their back room buffonerie.

If the law-of-averages count for anything, you should have clear sailing for quite some time.

Welcome aboard mate.